Reaction score
literally just de-pinned 264, while im putting it back together can people tell me...
how many clicks are factory
how many is advised for road use
and how many for track .... and anything else. thanks guys

Reaction score
22 factory, seems a good road compromise.
track - increase depending how big your walnuts are :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dont mean to thread Hijack but would increasing the stiffness on the front not induce more understeer?

Reaction score
yer it does its scary !! been having a play, also found turning one up and one down is .... interesting. :?

Reaction score
Damper stiffness does not induce understeer, unless rock solid, but spring stiffness can - it actually improves turn in by build up cornering force quicker. If too stiff it can appear to increase understeer, but normally that is because the tyre starts pattering over the road surface. Oddly enough there are cases of stiffer springs/arbs at the front reducing understeer, becasue the car rolls less and so the tyre has less positive camber in roll - normally only applies to softly sprung cars.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Right, car still behaving slightly oddly even after damper refurb so wondering if the standard settings are too hard for my daily commute.

Have turned the dials 5 turns to the left on each side and seems much more comfortable to drive.

Any others have a perfect setting for a more comfortable drive? Think that the car is rather skitish with new dampers if that makes sense on the standard 22 turns.

Reaction score
Bump bump

Anyone got the perfect ride that doesn't smash your fillings out?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have mine set to 24 which is fine for me. I drove to the Chester meet last year and back again with the girlfriend who has back issues sometimes from two crushed vertebrae from a previous accident and the car recieved no complaints from either occupant. We both knew it was a stiffly sprung, well damped car so we might have given it some leeway. Even so, I have never thought that it was a particularly hard ride, it always feel like it is trying to soften the blows when I drive it? I think you should have a play around with the settings and put it on what ever feels best for you. If you aren't sure what you want, keep it on the standard setting and drive to your hearts content knowing that it will be as Renault intended. On another note, my filling is still in!

Reaction score
So if I was to start from scratch which way do I need to turn? Anti clock wise?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
1) Turn anticlockwise (un-screw) until it stops. Don't go crazy on it though I would imagine its relatively easy to strip threads on these things. You will be able to feel when it won't go any further.

2) Turn clockwise (screw in) counting each click as you go.

Remember
22 clicks is standard.
Fewer clicks = less damping.
More clicks = more damping.

Simples (I can't be bothered to find a picture of a meerkat)

Good luck

Paul

Reaction score
Was set to standard 22 clicks when I have just check, tried 25, its class but couldnt do with that everyday lol, either that or am just used to driving my megane trophy lol