Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got hold of Trophy 415 and I intend on doing a mid service oil change for good measure. I'm either going for Silkolene Pro or Shell Helix, however the Silkolene Pro is almost twice the price of the Shell? Is it really worth it? I used the Shell Helix in my old 182 and was quite happy with it, but hear good reports of Silkolene Pro
I don't intend on doing many track days if any.

What do people recommend here?

Reaction score
I've ran Silkolene Pro in my last 3 cars & it's whats in my 182 sump.
It came highly recommended & never had any issue with it.

Reaction score
I'm inclined to go for the Shell Helix Ultra - it will be changed every 6 months anyway and at only £25 it's not exactly robbing the bank.

Reaction score
Hi Steve I think I bought a splitter for my 182 ff off you about 10 months ago...at Loughboro uni! Hope all's well mate. I've just acquired the Trophy - big improvement over the ff :D

Regarding changing the oil...Can you or anyone else confirm that it's a 10mm socket to remove the fuel rail...I'm presuming it's best to remove the fuel rail in order to get that filter out?! Is the sump plug easily accessable under the car or is it under the plastic cover? If someone could direct me towards on oil change guide for this car that would be brilliant...

Reaction score
Great link! Thanks

Just realised Helix Ultra isn't actually as cheap as I thought it was, so may try the Silkolene instead.

Reaction score
Sam415 said:
Hi Steve I think I bought a splitter for my 182 ff off you about 10 months ago...at Loughboro uni! Hope all's well mate. I've just acquired the Trophy - big improvement over the ff :D

Regarding changing the oil...Can you or anyone else confirm that it's a 10mm socket to remove the fuel rail...I'm presuming it's best to remove the fuel rail in order to get that filter out?! Is the sump plug easily accessable under the car or is it under the plastic cover? If someone could direct me towards on oil change guide for this car that would be brilliant...

Yes, that was me :D

You will need a long reach 10mm socket.

You will need a sump bung key, to remove that also.

Do you not know a friendly ATS or garage place :?:

That way you keep your hands clean.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam415 said:
Great link! Thanks

Just realised Helix Ultra isn't actually as cheap as I thought it was, so may try the Silkolene instead.

Cue did job lot on some silkolene and may still have some spare at a decent price.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh, i have 2 x 5 ltr bottles going spare. Retail for around £48 mark plus postage i'll do them for £40 plus postage each.

page 5 half way down on the oil change tech doc is a downloadable word doc with the full easy peasy guide.

Reaction score
Yeah I'll take one of these Cue. I've PM'd you...