Reaction score
BMW have announced the hottest version yet of the Cooper S, reckon it could be a contender for the Trophy.

Basic stats are 218bhp, 180 ft/lbs, 40 kilos lighter (no rear seats, aluminium suspension), I have read that it will be handbuilt by Bertone in Italy and only 1000 examples will be built, of which 400 will come to the UK.

Don't know about the 4 spoke alloys though!

Attachments

• Cooper GP.jpg
    Cooper GP.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,780

hyb

Reaction score
In terms of performance probably, but it costs an absoulte bomb! £20k + isn't it?

Reaction score
Yeah mate is going to be around that figure, looks a bit lairy for my liking as well! :D

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, there's an article on it on Pg.17 of this months EVO.

0-60 = 6.0s
Top Speed: 145mph
Price: £22,000

It had better be quicker than the Trophy at that price :shock:

And i think it looks a bit chaved up personally, awful wheels.

Reaction score
I think that thing may just murder us. Isn't the engine bigger than a normal Cooper S too?

Reaction score
I think it will retain the crappy 1.6 rough as hell engine, but mods to the intercooler and a new management system will provide the extra power. Not much more though when you consider the Cooper S works is already available with 210bhp.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, seems to be the loss of 40kg's that has done the job really.

Reaction score
shame that some mugs will still buy it, its only a mini for gods sake, and a 22k mini at that!! its barmy. You could get a gear old EVO8 for that and destroy it....i know i would.

Reaction score
If the trophy is really able to stay with a super car on british roads why are you worried about a 218 bhp mini? :roll:

Reaction score
Worried? Who said I was worried! :lol:

But to answer your question, if BMW get the dynamics right, with a 36bhp advantage the GP could prove to be faster on British roads and in theory may be able to follow the super car you refer to closer than the Trophy.

On paper the potential of this Mini cannot be denied.

Reaction score
Think that the last top gear sums it up. The Beemer 130 did very well, but is not a lot of car for £31K. I thought the Cooper works was expensive, but this takes the p*ss at £22K. That price puts you in a different league and you can get much better performance for that sort of cash. The whole thing with with 182's is that they're cheap.

G

Looks alright, probably goes like stink, wouldnt pay 22 grand for it though.

Nice to see captain nobody spewing his customary childish crap as well - noithing changes

Reaction score
Who ever designed the exterior should be shot. At 22k we are getting into Subabru cost territory. Buying a mini to me says 'has no idea about cars and is having a mid life crisis'

Day

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Buying a mini to me says 'has no idea about cars and is having a mid life crisis'
I'd agree with that. In fact I can think of 2 guys at work that fit that genre lol

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Who ever designed the exterior should be shot.

Ha ha, :lol:

I work with these people! I agree totally. They were telling me how it was going to kick my trophy's ass. The price puts it up against some much more serious opposition.

Best I don't comment on the styling, however in their defence I have seen them produce some good designs at times.