Reaction score
Hi folks, just put some carbon loraine pads on with new discs a few days ago, they are well bed in by now. Ive heard that they are noisy but you cant live with the sound of them. is there anyway you can quiet them down apart from only using them on track days????

Reaction score
did you use any copper grease? Were there any anti-squeal shims with the pads?

How do you find the performance of them though? How much were they? I don't think many people have tried them.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd only really use these on a car that's going to be doing serious track mileage as:

1. the noise is an issue, regardless of how much grease you use,
2. the mess they make - they'll eat your rims for fun if you don't clean your wheels every week,
3. they are aggressive on your disks so you'll need to change the disks every 6 months depending on mileage

but lots of copper grease would help, if not cure the noise. If you didn't remove the shims then that also will help.

Reaction score
Which compound did you go for? I'm using Pagid RS-42s atm. They are noisy, but I love them for it. People probably think I'm a jerk and put their fingers in their ears, but they don't know how much fun I'm having. :mrgreen: I assumed pagids would be bad on discs, but 6K miles in and they are great. I know lots of racers/trackday people that swear by CL. I've seen an Audi-engined elise on track and it makes me laugh so hard every time it brakes. Its like the cars is shouting at the top of its voice "I'M BREAKING NOW EVERYONE!" LOL. CL do an endurance compound designed for 24hr events. The friction on that is very close to RS-42s, you could try them. But I can't see why pagids are not perfect, apart from the price. CL are more than 50% cheaper.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I also can't recommend the Pagids enough, forgotten how good they were until I indulged some angry driving( [-X ) after one and a half hours driving around the same bit of london trying to find my sisters :evil:

Reaction score
I had pagid blues on my 172 Cup and they were awsome.

30 degree heat at the ring and no propblems whatsoever.

Even work well from cold!!

Reaction score
PeterGinger said:
Which compound did you go for? I'm using Pagid RS-42s atm. They are noisy, but I love them for it. People probably think I'm a jerk and put their fingers in their ears, but they don't know how much fun I'm having. :mrgreen: I assumed pagids would be bad on discs, but 6K miles in and they are great. I know lots of racers/trackday people that swear by CL. I've seen an Audi-engined elise on track and it makes me laugh so hard every time it brakes. Its like the cars is shouting at the top of its voice "I'M BREAKING NOW EVERYONE!" LOL. CL do an endurance compound designed for 24hr events. The friction on that is very close to RS-42s, you could try them. But I can't see why pagids are not perfect, apart from the price. CL are more than 50% cheaper.

They squeal a bit but they weren't/aren't as bad as you make out. I had yellows too and they weren't too bad either.

PBwantsatrophy said:
I had pagid blues on my 172 Cup and they were awsome.

30 degree heat at the ring and no propblems whatsoever.

Even work well from cold!!

When pads are working at 600-700 degrees I don't think a hot day makes much difference :lol:

You are right though, the blues are great. I did get through mine eventually though so got the yellows which are even better.