Reaction score
Got to the station this evening to find No. 99 with it's driver's door window smashed and my head unit gone!

Police came and photographed it, dusted for prints and took samples of the foot print on the seat. Luckily there's no body work damage and they didn't open the glove box to the see the brace of Road Angels I had in there...

473940485_210322b102_b.jpg

473940749_8a179d9e9a_b.jpg

473940149_a84c05a4d8_b.jpg

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that - had it done to one of my cars a few years back so i know how you must be feeling. Hope they get the thieving gypsy ba5tards! The window should be a fairly quick fix, much better than if they had damaged the lock and lock area on the passengers door - if thats any consolation :?

Tell me it wasnt just the standard head unit that was in there ?

:shock:

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Tell me it wasnt just the standard head unit that was in there ?

:shock:

No it was an Alpine CE-9850Ri. I've just had a quick look and Alpine appear to have discontinued it and not replaced it!?!?

Reaction score
Olliev8 said:
Atleast its just a window damaged!!!! Have seen a lot worse when they do the locks and damage body work!!

That's my thinking!

Out of interest does the Trophy use different glass to the other Clios/RenaultSports?

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
Olliev8 said:
Atleast its just a window damaged!!!! Have seen a lot worse when they do the locks and damage body work!!

That's my thinking!

Out of interest does the Trophy use different glass to the other Clios/RenaultSports?

Don't know for sure, but wouldn't think it to be different. Give autoglass a call or someone similar... if not enquire at the stealers.

Reaction score
Olliev8 said:
chiefsilverback said:
Olliev8 said:

That's my thinking!

Don't know for sure, but wouldn't think it to be different. Give autoglass a call or someone similar... if not enquire at the stealers.

I know the windscreen is different. It's lighter and doesn't have all the UV coatings that the normal RenaultSports do!?!?

Reaction score
Sorry to hear - that sucks :(

DId you take the head off the unit? I never leave mine parked, out of view, with the head on the unit... although it is a pain to remove it each time I park!!

Hope you get a new one soon. There are some good ones out there at the moment! :)

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your break in Chief. :(

Had my car done (pre Trophy) 4 years ago and had £1000+ of stereo/amps knicked. (sick)

Dirty little smackhead **ckers want castrating. :twisted:

Reaction score
oliie said:
Sorry to hear - that sucks :(

DId you take the head off the unit? I never leave mine parked, out of view, with the head on the unit... although it is a pain to remove it each time I park!!

Hope you get a new one soon. There are some good ones out there at the moment! :)

I park at the station every day and never remove the face! 99% of people put them in the glove box or under the seat and if they'd opened the glovebox to find the face they'd have also found a brace of road angels and a selection of chargers....

I need to decide what to replace it with? I had the Alpine CDE-9850Ri which has now been replaced with the CDE-9881R but are there any other HU's with full iPod support direct to the HU?

Reaction score
Gutted for you mate.

It make you feel sick :cry:

Hope it's all sorted quickly for you

Reaction score
:cry: :cry: sorry to hear that. so annoying that people just go round and do this. My brother had his 172 cup rear window done a couple of years back when he had it, in our gym car park. As people have said, at least there is no body damage or anything too major.

only got the standard head unti in my trophy but in my old car, the face-off one i had I would never leave it still in, I would always chuck it under my seat or something.

Reaction score
:( :( :( Sorry to hear.

God it makes you so angry when this sort of thing happens!

I've had this done twice before in the past, two years later I kept finding bits of glass in the car.

Reaction score
My wee 1.2 16v got window smashed and glass was found right up till the day I sold it!

Unlucky with the head unit, I always take mine with me.

On the glass my girlfriend is of the believ that trophy glass is tinted! i m not usre but does look a little darker. Might be special Swiss glass.

Reaction score
Saw this on CS... the little c***s want a good beating, that's the only thing they'll respond to. If the coppers catch them they'll get 50 hours community service or some pointless bulls**t like that :evil:

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear the news, Its horrid when it happens, one good thing they only nicked the stero, and by doing that the only real damage is the window. One of my friends had some tw@ts break into to her car but they tried wedging the door open, which left a huge gap when the door was shut.

It may be worth while looking at putting the window film that stops people smashing the windows. I looked into it a few months back but it worked out quite expensive and they could only offer it in a tinted option.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy176 said:
My wee 1.2 16v got window smashed and glass was found right up till the day I sold it!

Unlucky with the head unit, I always take mine with me.

On the glass my girlfriend is of the believ that trophy glass is tinted! i m not usre but does look a little darker. Might be special Swiss glass.

Sorry to hear, it's such a pisser. Yes the glass has got a slight tint or at least i thought it had. If you half open the window on a sunny day you can see a difference.

You could try these guys for the H.U. http://www.caraudiodirect.com/

Reaction score
How about this bad ass mofo, iPod and radio only, no CD player:

b_idax001.jpg

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine- ... 58b1c7b085