Reaction score
Friend of mine has spotted another 05 Trophy in Brighton not 200 yards from my place. He drove all the way up the road flashing the guy from behind thinking it was me before he clocked the different plate. Sorry if this was one of you guys! Looked pretty filthy by all accounts so nothing like mine then!

Reaction score
I got LM05 ZXX, live around Preston Park area. Still haven't seen a 55 plate in Brighton yet. I quite often end up round Burgess Hill way though as the missus works at Amex up there.

Reaction score
ahhhh quaality nice, i seen you about befor!!! u on msn? pm me ure addy!!

i saw a trophy having been pulled over for racing a nova back, was that you lol!!

Reaction score
Not on MSN, had a few weeks off recently to look after my old man, but back at work this week.

Wasn't me you saw against the Nova! I wouldn't waste my time with such small fish! Did have a good blat back from Gatwick yesterday though. The guy in the 300ZX seemed pretty cross that he couldn't shake a little red clio! LOL

Reaction score
Mr badger - was it you I saw pulling onto Stanford Avenue (the London Road one way system towards Preston Circus from Preston Park) a few weeks back? You waved at me and I tried to flash back, but every time I see a Trophy I'm so surprised and pleased I forget what all the buttons and stalks do!!!

Reaction score
That was me indeed buddy. Same, I got a bit excited about seeing another Trophy on my usual route. You wouldn't happen to have parked in Friar Crescent a few times would you? Got a couple of friends that live on the road and have seen an 05 trophy a few times but not for a month or so.

Where abouts in Brighton are you based?

Olly

Reaction score
Nope - not me dude (I'm a 55 plate). It must be the mythical 3rd Brighton Trophy. Am based in Kemptown dead near Gala Bingo - I'm on the 'Member Map' but sometimes it puts me on Grand Parade. However, I spend a lot of time in Crawley (where me better half lives) rubbing shoulders with 'tricked out' Novas and Saxos. Only ever seen a Blue 'everyday' 182 up there (and I don't think it even had the cup suspension pack)... I notice the map puts you in darkest Kemptown, but you're up by Preston Park?

Reaction score
Sorry mate, my mistake on the plate. I'm also not sure how I ended up on the map in Kemptown. Probably messed up the coordinates. I'm just off by the old rover garage on the London Road. It still amuses me no end when the little turkeys in saxos, 106's etc try their luck. I see some kid every morning whose saxo is now so messed up it looks like a dung beetle or something. Horrid.

Have you made any mods to your's? I'm torn between keeping it stock and going for a bit more poke.

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, nice road to see whether you can avoid grounding the chin on the way out there as well! It's sodding bumpy if you get stuck on the left!

Have had a couple of nice runs up and around the dyke, although coming off the roundabout on the A27 I have noticed the boys in blue loitering around waiting for someone to fly past them. They hide in the carpark just as the road opens up off the round about.

Look forward to catching up with you guys at some point.

Olls

Reaction score
cb - Not made any mods to mine. I'm going to keep it stock though - as close to showroom condition as possible - speaking from experience - my last motor was a 106 Rallye which had been slightly modded (3 inch wanker pipe and induction kit plus piss poor front end respray) but what I gathered from web forums was that unmolested examples were really sought after. Like Mk1 Golf GTIs. I reckon that the Trophy is going to be a future classic and will be worth more unmodified (both aesthetically and culturally!)

And yeah - Devil's Dyke on a sunny afternoon sounds good to me. Like you say - drive slowly in the middle of the road...

Reaction score
Had some bloody stomach bug myself over the weekend, but kicked it now.

Think I'm going to leave mine standard aswell, although might be tempted to get a PHY plate if funds get any better over the next few months.

Would probably help if I took it out of 2nd and 3rd occasionally so I got more than 24 to the gallon, but you gotta love the kick at 5k rpm.
:D

Reaction score
Aodonovan, I Parked about 100 metres from you last night mate, just round the corner from Gala Bingo - can't remember the road. Went to that restaurant on St george's Rd. Nounou. Very nice to. Was going to try and get a pick of the cars together, but the weather was shite!

I'm guessing it was you anyway unless there is now another 55 plate in your immediate area!