Ajr

Reaction score
I've got radial mount brembos on my 106.

Most brembos fitted to cars from the factory have the mounting brackets cast as part of the caliper body - 1 piece. Aftermarket brembos are radial mount allowing you to machine your own brackets, this means that you can decide what size of disc you use, and what offset you use as that affects wheel clearance.

Reaction score
so its a made to order thing??
so i go to JMC Or K-Tec and they'll be able to hook me up when i get my brakes changed..... yes???

Reaction score
Beware that very large callipers will have much more piston area than standard which could upset the brake balance and also increase pedal travel

Reaction score
Christ Ive started a tread thats way out of my legue here.
i thought i would be a case of going to JMS saying i want brembo max grooved discs, DS2500 pads, Braided lines.... oh yer and some massive bright red calipers that say brembo down them, apparently i was wrong :?
apparently this is going to take alot more thought and research.

Ajr

Reaction score
If i'm honest there are far better out there than brembo, you're paying for the name in a way although they do a fair bit of R&D and their calipers are pretty indestructible plus spares are readily available which is why they are fitted as OE by virtually every manufacturer that fits multi piston calipers from the factory(subaru, porsche, merc, ferrari, ford, fiat, peugeot, jaguar, VAG etc)

If you spec them right they are good, the ones fitted to focus RS, leon cupra etc would be ok for use on a clio.

Hispec do some pretty good kits, much nicer than compbrake IMO, the discs that come with them are made out of cheese though as they are machined EBC OE discs. AP kits are nice but expensive and AP discs aren't great. Alcon do some nice stuff. Stoptech are usually pretty good. MovIt are good for the german market.

For clios i think the best vfm kit will be the APs.