Reaction score
As above....boot wont lock

both front doors lock fine though. Alarm still works fine too (i opened the boot when the front doors were locked and it went off!!)

Any ideas? Possibly a wiring fault, maybe a dodgy solenoid in the lock?

Thanks Guys

Reaction score
Sounds to me like it's the locking solenoid on the latch unless it is mechanically not closing fully. Try closing the latch pawl with the boot open and then see if it locks from the key or the interior button. Is so then some WD40 may be in order.

In either case prob best to pay your local dealer a visit and get it looked at under warranty.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah this has happened to several on here, down to the dealers.

Reaction score
ok, thanks for info

looks like it'll have to go back to Renault.......

On a more positive note, Milltek, De Cat and Induction Kit are being fitted tomorrow!! :D

Reaction score
I had mine done at some point last year. Dropped it to the dealer before work and picked it up same day after...work was done under warranty obviously!

Reaction score
Mine's gone this week as well. I've got the reverse problem where the boot won't open...

Hoz.

Reaction score
Mine stayed locked when rest of the car opened OK.
Took it back to dealers, got it sorted in about 30 mins under warranty.
I reckon it's because the bootlid seems to shut very heavily.. I've been shutting it as gently as possible, and hope it doesn't happen again :?

Reaction score
thanks for advise....

booked into renault on the 16/06.....(hope they aren't awkward as the car is now modified!!)