Reaction score
Okay,

So me and some friends were fitting the Maxogen induction kit and had to stop part way through as it was getting a bit dark and we need a smaller socket tool which we didn't have.

The problem I have is the bonnet refuses to now open after it was closed. I let it shut as normal then went to open it with the passenger side lever, this felt totally slack with no tension..... you can also just about pull the release catch at the front but this does nothing. Tried pulling both the release and the lever inside at the same time... tried trying to push the bonnet shut further, tried pulling everything but it won't budge :evil:

The other problem is as the battery is not connected and the or the air filter I can't even move the car anywhere so i'm totally stuck, any ideas please :shock:

Many thanks,

Andy

Reaction score
i'd say the cable is snapped or uncliped at the release handle end, you might need to remove the trim in the passenger footwell to see if the cable is still attached to the end of the release handle, if you can pull it through more than around 6" then i'd assume its snapped or become unclipped at the bonnet end.
last resort is to cut out grille on the right side hopefully to allow access to the catch mechanism, although i've never tried this im only assuming that it could work.
phone the dealers?

Reaction score
My local dealer managed to do something like this when fitting a new bonnet catch under warranty last service. When I took it back (they obviously hadn't checked it) they somehow released it through the badge I think. They did have to replace the badge afterwards though! :?

Reaction score
Thanks,

Looks like the the badge is directly underneath, level, with the hole where the lever operated release works... i'll see how I get on tonight #-o

Reaction score
you can do it with a screw driver though the grill... theres nothing technical to it, just giggle but ive done it before

Reaction score
Tip #1 never let a retarded friend help with fitting an induction kit! The bonnet release cable had got pinned under the metal mount for the new Maxogen.... =D> - So this is how we got the bonnet open :p

Both wheels, arch trim and bumper off!
[attachment=2:1iw7rrtj]bonnet-fail-1.jpg[/attachment:1iw7rrtj]

Now what?
[attachment=1:1iw7rrtj]bonnet-fail-2.jpg[/attachment:1iw7rrtj]

Get a big f**king screw driver and route around to free the release!
[attachment=0:1iw7rrtj]bonnet-fail-3.jpg[/attachment:1iw7rrtj]

2 days later induction kit fitted and bonnet working properly again :lol:

Oh and the bonnet alarm sensor managed to get destoryed in the process, so waiting for that from renault :)

Attachments

• bonnet-fail-1.jpg
    bonnet-fail-1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 64
  • bonnet-fail-2.jpg
    bonnet-fail-2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 53
  • bonnet-fail-3.jpg
    bonnet-fail-3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 53

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Glad you got it sorted Andy. Got to admit when you sent me the message I laughed a little :wink: I know its not a laughing matter but the fact you disconnected the battery and had no filter fitted practically rendering the car useless and then locking the bonnet shut was brilliant . :)

Reaction score
LOL yeah, it was an epic.... a job that should have taken a couple of hours ended up taking the best part of 3 evenings :)

Reaction score
To be honest its hard to tell any real performance difference. As for noise well its a bit louder after about 4.5k rpm but then I've got a decat exhaust which is pretty dam loud so it gets drowned out somewhat.

Your not gonna fit one and be blown away but you never will with any induction kit on any car. You only ever notice a real difference when a mod makes a big power increase in my opinion.

I'll get a better idea when it gets remapped on the 5th of September at RS tuning.