Reaction score
I also binned my aqua wiper after the first time I used it, scratched the permaguard and left faint long marks on th roof and bonnet, luckily not through to the paint though

Reaction score
Turtle wax flexi-blade for me, then a chamoi after.

As long as you clean the blade as you go on a clean cloth you shouldn't damage the paint.............. i haven't so far!!!

Reaction score
I personally would recommend 'Sonus der Wunder' polishing microfiber towels.
Been using these for a while now and the results are astounding, used them on my mums Permaguarded twintop aswell and the car looks superb when finished.
Would avoid those blade things like the plague, unless you like T-cutting!!

Sonus products available from www.autopia-carcare.com

Reaction score
If a flexi-blade causes scratches then you are not washing all the dirt away from the paint. This is why its important to use a good wash mitt and shampoo.

Only use the blade to remove the excess water, one sweep per section. The standing water will act as a lube and no downward pressure should be applied.

Oh another good tip is to use some QD spray with the waffle towel when drying!

Reaction score
7MAT said:
A decent wash mitt is also a must. The deeper the pile on the wash mitt the better as this pull the dirt away from the surface preventing paint scratches.

Thanks 7MAT, Can you recommend one? I bought a halfrauds one simply because they've been out of meggy's for the last couple of weeks and I couldn't be bothered to keep waiting!

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
7MAT said:
A decent wash mitt is also a must. The deeper the pile on the wash mitt the better as this pull the dirt away from the surface preventing paint scratches.

Thanks 7MAT, Can you recommend one? I bought a halfrauds one simply because they've been out of meggy's for the last couple of weeks and I couldn't be bothered to keep waiting!

I sure the Halfords one will be OK, it's going to be a lot better than using a sponge anyway.

I've been using the Meaguiars up to now and have been pleased with the results.

Keeping your kit clean is essential - wash towels and mitts etc in Bio powder at a low setting and this is the important bit no conditioner & drip dry.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
7MAT said:
In fact I been testing some new detailing products today including a new brand of waffle weave drying towel that I'm looking to import in as part of a new business venture.

:shock: Victor Cyam lol...... so good he bought the company.

Reaction score
Cue said:
7MAT said:
In fact I been testing some new detailing products today including a new brand of waffle weave drying towel that I'm looking to import in as part of a new business venture.

:shock: Victor Cyam lol...... so good he bought the company.

I remember those adverts :lol:

Well I've got to do something since being made redundant at the start of the year. :cry:

It's just one option I'm looking at, might never happen?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
7MAT said:
hoolio said:

Interesting, have looked at these before.

Post back and let us know how you get on and how long it lasts etc

Just received this, very quick, it's much bigger than i thought, about a foot long. Been cycling along the river into work this week so car is still clean but wont be able to resist using it and the nice new wash mitt i also ordered, will let you know how good it is.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
7MAT said:
hoolio said:

Interesting, have looked at these before.

Post back and let us know how you get on and how long it lasts etc

Just received this, very quick, it's much bigger than i thought, about a foot long. Been cycling along the river into work this week so car is still clean but wont be able to resist using it and the nice new wash mitt i also ordered, will let you know how good it is.

You tried it out yet mate? how much was it also. cant see price on that link

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Just received this, it's much bigger than i thought, about a foot long...wont be able to resist using it...will let you know how good it is.

Disgusting. Keep it to yourself thanks Jules. :lol:

Three pages on drying your car! We are in love with our little tomatoes aren't we?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
hoolio said:
Just received this, it's much bigger than i thought, about a foot long...wont be able to resist using it...will let you know how good it is.

Disgusting. Keep it to yourself thanks Jules. :lol:

Three pages on drying your car! We are in love with our little tomatoes aren't we?

HeHeHe very funny :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gazza said:
You tried it out yet mate? how much was it also. cant see price on that link

Gazza, no not yet, was going to do it yesterday but with it raining there didn't seem much point washing a clean car for it to get dirty again. It's £46 which for this area-very hard water- will give me 25 washes so it says, so about 2 quid a go, Probably won't see any results till i polish off the watermarks from last time :(

P.S. If you click on the link, look at the panel to the left and then click on "water de-ionisers" under the cars and bikes section you can get to prices etc.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:

This is excellent, i can take up to a couple of hours to wash my car so i did used to end up with some water marks, with this i shant worry anymore. It does say that you can just leave it to dry but i used my chamois as usual and left the glass to dry on itys own as an experiment which did mark up a little as it collected dust.