Reaction score
Oh my God. For a marque that relies on exclusivity and luxurious excess for so much of its appeal, this is surely a really bad idea?

An Aston Martin city car? It has to seriously damage the brand's image. Obviously they're not selling many cars at the moment, but they need to ride it out. In a few years they'll surely be selling again.

Bad move Aston.

Reaction score
People will still buy proper Astons.

This is a good money making scheme, the same as the Mercedes A Class and the 1 series BMW. Peope with low self esteem who feel insecure driving around in an "ordinary" car like to try to boost their self esteem by buying a badge. Like BMW or Mercedes. They can tell their on-line friend how they've got a nice new BMW and feel important and wealthy and make sure that as many people as possible see that exclusive key in shops bars and restaurants (and weatherspoons).

Actually they've just a bottom of the range dog slow over priced car in which everyone will think, "Ah, poor sod, couldn't afford a 3 series/C Class... Bless..." When the could have bought a mid-top of the range mondeo, 407 etc for the same money which would have been cheaper to own.

And before everyone starts slating me or accusing me of being jealous because I can't afford and high end brand car, I am speaking from years of experience within prestige main dealers where it was ALWAYS the owners of bottom of the range models and base models who would moan about "the service isn't good enough" "I drive a ****, the service should be better", "it's too expensive, i'm not paying that bill", "the brakes shouldn't wear out after 30,000 miles, it's a ****. I won't be paying for new ones!" And so on...

But people still buy the "real" BMWs and Mercs. And that's great, they are excellent cars.

This will be the same with this new Aston (If it IS real...). People will only buy it because of the badge. £20k for a Toyota iQ? Don't think that makes sense to most people... (you could get an iQ AND a Trophy instead!!! :D )