Reaction score
Hi people im after technical knowledge here, im in need of a axial joint aka tie rod and tie rod end for the Trophy.

Its for my n/s due to seizure and im contemplating in heating to free it off then grease it up after cleaning but i know this is not done practice.

I called Renault today and got dealer prices both were around the £30 mark each now i have heard that the axial joint is longer than a standard 182 however i don't know if this is true as i can get an after market one for half the price there asking hence the need for technical info, do any of you know if the axial joint is longer on the Trophy also i was asked what make of steering rack i have, i didn't get a chance today to take a look but will look later this week unless someone tonight knows off by heart.
Many Thanks in advance Liam

Reaction score
I'm not a mechanic but don't see the issue with blow torching it, snapping it free, greasing, then putting it back...it won't damage it providing you don't use a hammer! Of course, for £30 it doesn't matter really! Can't you measure your one?

Reaction score
I did think about taking the other side apart and measuring i was going to do this with the track rod end.
I think what i will do is heat it this weekend at work then go from there, the only reason im doing this is due to the steering wheel being out and wheel alignment needs setting up. The car has been like it since i bought it last year and have only now got around to sorting it.