Reaction score
Right.... this bloody car has given me the right hump over the last few days, nice driving weather, nice road conditions plenty of ladies wearing v.little. Perfect......Oh wait, the Trophy just wants to sit there and not start, and pretend it's doing me a favour by thinking it's nicked! Bloody thing lol. Plus i finished work at 5.45, just got home!!! Wont start!
Got to work fine though, typical
Apparently the imobiliser is being tempreMENTAL and keeps getting stuck on, thus making me turn into basil fawlty with a big feckin stick! (shakes fist)
Not only that but in the dead of the night about a month ago the alarm decided to wake me up early for work, thanks car.
So now i'm thinking about dusting my Williams off and using that till i can figure out this alarm/imobiliser problem.
Few.....I'm all ranted out now, so if England lose i'll be back on ranting again lol
Anyway, has anyone else had this problem, and has it happened in equally annoying places? :x

Reaction score
Lol Cheers mate, thing is it wouldn't start Sunday cos of the same issue, and today. So i've changed to my spare key for a bit and went to tesco just and it was fine, but to be sure i think i'm going to pay Rensport a visit on Thursday.
I'm putting it down to it being a typical renault. Fun,but unpredictable! :lol:

Reaction score
start using the other key see if that makes a difference, get your main key re-booted at the dealers or buy a new key....thats the way i would go.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had exactly the same problem with my old 172, started randomly and drove me INSANE!!

New keys aren't cheap from memory!

Reaction score
Hi, yeah i've started using my spare key, also changed the battery in my old one, and this morning before work it's was a pig to start again, kept locking/unlocking it till it would start. But after work it fired up straight away....so i don't know, i'm not holding my breath!
I'm off to Rensport at the end of the week so they can have a gander. :?

Reaction score
dont think the immobilser uses the battery. thats just for the alarm, i'd still say get the key rebooted ...before you get stranded.