Reaction score
Tempted to go back to my Trophy days, and considering outing our Ultra Red R27 F1.

Just curious if anyone was considering moving the other way!

Reaction score
I do - I actually prefer it, but like most people struggling to pay for such an expensive car. I loved my Trophy to bits too, so seems to make sense.

Reaction score
I have to admit, I have been checking out autotrader for 197's and in particular the F1 R27. But just concerned with the running costs and also in terms of driving thrills the 197 doesn't match the rawness you get with the Trophy(?). Having said that, I've not driven one yet.

Reaction score
It does cost a bit more to run ive noticed, and as for driving thrill. Imo, its just as much fun on the road - although I can't comment how itd compare on the track. On the plus side, It does feel a lot more of a car if that makes sense.
Much more of an everyday car.

I use a moped to commute now, so would only really be using it on weekends and very rainy days.

It still has that renaultsport addictiveness.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I test drove a 200. It was much more civilised and comfortable, but no where near as much fun..

Reaction score
Jonc said:
I have to admit, I have been checking out autotrader for 197's and in particular the F1 R27. But just concerned with the running costs and also in terms of driving thrills the 197 doesn't match the rawness you get with the Trophy(?). Having said that, I've not driven one yet.

Had both :D
197 not as 'raw', has far supperior brakes.
Wider stance more stable, feels better quality car.
Any who have sampled my test track the 197 is quicker over that course, even borrowed 200 complete with salesman & could not better time.
Trophy is cheaper to run, but more fragile.
Running costs never an issue on either, as £'s per smiles either are hard to beat :lol:

Reaction score
I wouldn't get another clio, especialy the new ones. Too much money for what they are and when you compare them to a megane, there is no competition and i doubt the running costs of a megane is that much higher. I do like the looks of 197's thou!