Reaction score
It seems that my ability to say no to things is about as bad as ever. I've been mulling over an R26 now for a while and I appear to have put a deposit down today!!

Now, although very excited by the new R26 - Black with Xenons and Decals - can always take them off with a hairdryer if I change my mind - I am trying to work out how to keep the trophy as I just can't bear to let it go!!

It is just about feasible to keep #185 and let my fiance spend a little more time in her, but it does mean a new insurance policy in her name and she has no ncb as has only ever been a named driver. This means no Greenlight as you must have 1 yrs NCB.

Anyone got any ideas how I can keep the cost of insurance down and run them both, preferably with me still as the reg'd keeper of the trophy to avoid a third owner?

HELP!!!!!

(Test drove another R26 the other day and was very, very impressed. Incredible low down pull and absolutely solid. Basically feels like a trophy that has beefed up a little and eaten a bit more spinach. Is a little bit less playful from my very limited run in it, but seems incredibly capable.)

Steve - I'll take you for a spin when I pick it up. Should be end of the month!!

P.s. Think a cliotrophy sticker is probably going to be needed, just to let everyone know what a real car is.

Attachments

• R26.jpg
    R26.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 538
Reaction score
lose the decals IMHO.... especially the roof ones.... i was amazed though tbh just how thick the graphics are!

keep the insurance for both cars in your name and add the fiance as a named driver on the Trophy policy perhaps - tbh you might also find that she brings your price down on the Trophy... mine dropped 150 quid for adding the GF

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
as Gaz said. Insure the Trophy in your name also with her as a named driver.

Failing that, try convincing the insurance company that she actually does drive the car. A lo of insurers can convert 'named driver' years into actual no claims years.

Reaction score
I've spoken with Greenlight about the insurance situation and they have said that they can't play it. If I'm registered keeper of 2 cars and have her as a named driver on one, then the underwriters will just assume that she will be the main driver of that car and will therefore void my NCB.

Looks like the only way to play it would be to transfer the trophy into her name and then be a named driver on her policy. Trouble with this is that she has no NCB so could end up costing a fortune.

R26 should be with me on the 26th of the month so need to work out what I'm doing with the trophy!!

Reaction score
I had the same problem with Greenligh. My partner had an Australian licence. They would not let her drive the car until she had one year UK driving experience on a UK licence.

She really wanted to drive and was upset not to drive the Trophy. So I bought her another (cheaper to insure) car to drive instead :) What a nice BF I am... ;)

O.

Reaction score
chiefbadger said:
I've spoken with Greenlight about the insurance situation and they have said that they can't play it. If I'm registered keeper of 2 cars and have her as a named driver on one, then the underwriters will just assume that she will be the main driver of that car and will therefore void my NCB.

Looks like the only way to play it would be to transfer the trophy into her name and then be a named driver on her policy. Trouble with this is that she has no NCB so could end up costing a fortune.

R26 should be with me on the 26th of the month so need to work out what I'm doing with the trophy!!

i have 2 cars... both insured separately with different insurance company's without an issue.

tbh, the admiral multi-car policy scheme seems like a con to me.... they quoted me something like 450 quid to insure the trophy for 5.5 months to then bring the insurance on both cars around to the same start date.

i'd personally look at insuring the Meggy for a year with someone like Elephant/Bell/Admiral (all the same group but slightly cheaper for one another) as they are quite mod friendly :D

Reaction score
Can I enquire to how much megane is costing?

My local stealers have one in and I fancy a Test Drive - Got two days off work next week!!