Reaction score
Hi all,

I was cursing along at 50mph when all of a sudden an engine light came on the dash, i haved checked the oil and coolant and ran the OSD on the cars display and no faults were present just - - - - , has anyone else ran into this before?

Reaction score
It's the engine management light and unfortunately, it could relate to a number of different faults.

Have you noticed the car running any differently or even any strange smells (namely a rotten egg / sulfur smell)?

Reaction score
No nothing like that, that's what has puzzled me. Like there has been no signs of anything.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would get it onto a OBD code reader or even better a Renault clip and it will track it down.

Im guessing it might be a misfire but who knows.

Reaction score
I did the OSD and nothing came up, but - - - - which apparently means no fault. I'm stumped.

Reaction score
That will only tell you if there is a fault with the dash panel.

As said before get it into a garage and on some diagnostic equipment or you will be changing parts for ever.

Is the light on constant or flashing?

Reaction score
No it hasn't been decatted, the exhaust has just been welded though as a mount had snapped off, wonder if that has started the problem off? Perhaps the sensor has gone.

Reaction score
That seems like quite a handy gadget, ill get one ordered for now and future reference, can't go wrong for £14.

Reaction score
There is always the option of a bluetooth OBDII dongle to use along with the 'Torque' App on your phone should you wish. Roughly £12 on eBay I do believe. I've found it invaluable, especially handy for codes/resets. Can also be used for telemetry with an in-car phone holder.

Reaction score
I would agree a code reader is one of the best investments if you want to keep Clios running right. Even if it helps with the judgment call of do I do the work or do I go to a garage.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I have just ordered one this morning and should be here by Thursday, i'll update you on what the readout tells me.

Reaction score
I ve had this on both trophy's happens when idling (first one had std exhaust and if idling for 5 mins would do it every time) over fueling code/miss fire car had 8,000 miles and still did it 40,000. Clio I have does it now ever day in queuing traffic but does have decat. Code say miss fire. But no miss fire. Just fuel on idle. Does it more on cheap fuel

Reaction score
I have only ever ran mine on v power, it has a scorpion exhaust and jrsnt decatted. I'm waiting for the diagnosis tool to come that was linked before by Marc.