Ajr

Reaction score
One of my best friends James owned a 'rado G60 for a while, absolutely superb handling, crap engine...

Ajr

Reaction score
It makes far too little power really to be proper fun, although in some ways it helps the handling.

The chargers aren't great although people make them out to be worse than they are.

The oil pressure buzzer would come on and obviously the engine would suffer under hard corner, that's on road tyres too! It had a stage 3 charger kit and miltek full exhaust system, still wasn't very quick. It was a very solid car and drove extremely well for it's weight.

Reaction score
In my younger years when i had a golf gti 8v 89 plate i always fancied a Rallye Golf, but being lhd put me off :( classy looking car though :wink:

Just realised writing that i've owned 3 mk2 Golf Gti's 2 8v's both types and 1 16v
sold 2 of them about 8 years ago for £600 the pair, could have got double that for the 16v alone, but 4 cars on the drive was too many :)

Chris

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
he's had some nice cars go through, some v nice mercs. I'm surprised he's never touched into M and AMG marks though as they were 80's and 90's classics due to their motorsport pedigree, unlike today's offerings.

Reaction score
Pleased I kept hold of my 1.9 Gti throughout the 111R/Trophy ownership. 91J reg, 70k, 2nd owner (10 years), Garaged from new. Worth quite a bit now by the looks of things. I bet quite a few Trophy owners have Pug's as well?