Reaction score
Good evening all

Well, after a considerable time away from the site, I'm back online.. Hope all the old faces are well :D and the new faces are enjoying their tomatoes!

Why is it that the day I get back on here after not having used the site since it was overhauled, my car decides to go on strike!? I returned home from work to discover that neither of my fobs will unlock the car, no matter where I stand. I can see the LEDs in the fobs flashing and the LED by the gear stick in car is also flashing a single flash, suggesting nothing untoward on either front. The only strange thing is my wife managed to open the car earlier, although the alarm went off when she did... Any ideas?

Reaction score
I think from memory i had the same issue on my old clio, the fobs only hold there memory for 3 months or so, im not sure on how to re-program a fob however if you unlock the vehicle from the passenger side and then put the key in the ignition and start the engine or even flick it to ignition on it may cancel the alarm from sounding due to the immobilizer picking up the fob, this usually works on most vehicles just not sure for renault.

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give this a try. I also found a list of instructions on CS, pertaining to re sync the keys, which may or may not help my cause..

1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note :
the doors should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning
light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

If you follow the above this should re sync the key, possibly be causing it not to work.

Reaction score
So, an update....

*bows head in shame*

Because I didn't want to be left with the alarm going off, unable to stop it and upsetting all my neighbours in the surrounding flats, I called the RAC, rather than opening the passenger door with key. Turned out to be a loose battery connection- ooooh the shame! At least the T's sorted now and the RAC chaps were very approving of my humble little Trophy.