Reaction score
Came off the trophy as I manage to get a set of 182 xenons very cheap! have been faultless! no probs what so ever, bought for £80+ around 7 months ago. There not a cheap ebay set.

Kit inc
Slim ballast
6000k Bulbs
All the wires etc....

Sadly I don't have the box or second cage for holding the other ballast. On my car I had one connected behind the drivers light and the other wedged down near the battery

Will be boxed up when sent.

5261321743_85f50f6716.png
5261930686_099269b32c.png
5261929870_6324510e1a.png

£45 delivered

G

Do you have a pic of your car with the 182 Xenon lamps on it? Always wondered what it'd look like!

Reaction score
Yes 6000k is white with a slight tint of blue - same as the Audi/BMW

I have never been flashed like you hear people doing as they have been too bright etc.... I spent the time to correctly adjust them, and they have been through a recently MOT with no problems at all! they didn't even mention about them

pics

4551056266_14df3d650f.jpg

4551054614_fbef1b65f9.jpg

Reaction score
David87 said:
Do you have a pic of your car with the 182 Xenon lamps on it? Always wondered what it'd look like!

I will grab some tomorro! I manage to get hold of the dark gunmetal inserts too - instead of light gray

Reaction score
Wondered when someone would post this up :lol:

How does an accord type R fair?? they have hid's but halogen headlights? There has been many talk about this on the CS forum. Even though I had mine fitted I set them up correctly and ever since I installed them I had no problems

Reaction score
The xenons on the Accord Type R are not aftermarket and comply with European type approval ECE 98, ECE 48 and have headlamp cleaning and are self levelling. They are not converted from an existing halogen even though the front lens might suggest otherwise. Internally, the headlamp and are designed for HID bulbs. I very much doubt Honda would sell a car that was not road legal.

"In summary it is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs and it must be installed in accordance with the rules stated above."

I interpret that as fitting aftermarket HID bulbs to a headlight unit not design for HID as illegal.

Reaction score
My bad for selling illegal items!

I know there being added to alot of cars on today's roads, the Place where I get my cars mot'd are fairly strict on passing them. When I asked they stated everything is fine, the only thing they picked up on was the White LED side light blubs.

There sold now anywho.

Reaction score
It's not illegal to sell HID kits! If a car passes MOT with them fitted, doesn't mean it's legal. However, there will be changes to the law with regards to MOTs. Come December 2011, all aftermarket HID's will mean an automatic MOT failure. Just thought people should know.

Reaction score
Interesting stuff.
I remember reading an article on the same subject a few years ago when I working in Merc dealers. Someone (as in a body or organisation) questioned the legality of HIDs at all, even from new, as one regulation of a E approved headlight is that it must fully illuminate immediately when you switch it on. And obviously HIDs take a few seconds to warm up to full brightness. However I can't remember how manufactures got around this, other than it was via type approval, ie the whole car is recognised as legal.
I looked for the article just now but couldn't find it easily.

I would imagine the whole thing about selling HID bulb kits is legal if they clearly state they are sold for off road use only? Has anyone found this? Similar to buying show plates really.

Reaction score
Jonc said:
It's not illegal to sell HID kits! If a car passes MOT with them fitted, doesn't mean it's legal. However, there will be changes to the law with regards to MOTs. Come December 2011, all aftermarket HID's will mean an automatic MOT failure. Just thought people should know.

Its fine letting people know but could you put it in another thread instead of my sale thread?! I was only trying to sell an item.......

Reaction score
Oops! Sorry. I just clicked the Board Index and recent topics, I didn't think to look at the section title, schoolboy error on my part.! :oops:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!