Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Random question... How often do you carry more then 2 people in your T?

Maximum people I carry is 3 as the leg room is non existent behind the driver and I don't think anyone would want to sit in the back on top of the Orb! But I also remember seeing a photo a few years back of someones rear suspension on their T rusting as the sleeve on the strut had rubbed against the side of the shock and scratched the paint off = rust. Was this a one off? Since seeing this, it's kinda put me off carrying loads of people, plus it screws up the handling! :)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I hate having people in the back. Not only does it affect the speed and handling but it must be horrible for anyone sitting in the back of a Trophy. I dont have back seats now so I cant have more than 2 in the car now :D

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I went through a stage of leaving the back seats out, that way I had a good reason not to play taxi driver, but the exhaust was loud on long journeys it actually made my ears ring for a good few hours after I stopped driving.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^ Hell yeah :twisted:

Mine is pretty loud now actually. I wouldnt like to take it on the motorway anymore.

You have the Orb :lol: , im guessing its the none girls version?

Reaction score
So far none... I hate folk in the back even when i've had 5 doors or plenty room in bigger 3 doors.. they always complain or talk too much or leave rubbish there and why oh why for the love of god do they have too put there feet on the door sills too get out..... Basically i don't like folk in the back and soon as this snow buggers off my back seats are out as is that isofix weight bar lol

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
BenG said:
^^ Hell yeah :twisted:

Mine is pretty loud now actually. I wouldnt like to take it on the motorway anymore.

You have the Orb :lol: , im guessing its the none girls version?

Mines the "Man up version and get the loud version so people hear you before they see you" version! :D

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Like the person with the speed gun! That's why I got the girls version :D . My ears still ring now and then :?

It does have its moments where the loud one is quite and then REALLY loud, most of the time its loud enough to be fun and not annoying when your not fully in the mood. I bet the quite version has those days too!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Smokinrubber said:
So far none... I hate folk in the back even when i've had 5 doors or plenty room in bigger 3 doors.. they always complain or talk too much or leave rubbish there and why oh why for the love of god do they have too put there feet on the door sills too get out..... Basically i don't like folk in the back and soon as this snow buggers off my back seats are out as is that isofix weight bar lol

I've always wondered why they feel the need to put their feet on the sills, its not going to acheive anything, other then incresing the chance of banging your head on the way out! Serves them right if they do! :D

Also, why did Reno feel the need to add a middle belt too? 4 would be crowded, 5 on the other hand would be, lets say comfy!! :?

Reaction score
I always go to family do's in the T, as we tend to meet family then travel together.

There is a method behind my madness, we took me and my wife, my mum and 2 brothers (1 of whom is the tightest man on earth and he suggested using my VPower :x ). It was a tight squeeze to get them in, but 'm only 5'7'' so there is space behind me. Now we went to this do and I took te Leeds Ring Road which has plenty of roundabouts that you (we :wink: ) can take at high speed.

Needless to say, whenever I don't fancy driving (ie want a beer) I take the T now and my bro drives :evil: and if I feel generous, I take the scenic and have a comfy ride wherever we go :)

Reaction score
Last time I had 3 passengers (1 was quite large) the brakes suffered MASSIVELY it was a very hot summers day and i'm running standard discs and pads. But they faded like crazy hated it.

That was the last time anyone sat in the back :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Twice since new, as previously said I'd clear all the rubbish out of the back if i could find some decent lightweight soundproofing. I so much prefer driving on my own (not that I have a choice at the moment :lol: ) even when there is someone sat next to me I tend to concetrate on the driving.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i didn't have any back seats for 2+ years, put them in for a day trip with some mates a month or so back - since then i've had 4 occasions where i've had a call to use them - most uncomfotable for the unfortunate who ended up behind me...

Reaction score
Just come back from Germany on monday and drove there in the Clio 4 up with lugguage. About 1200 miles round trip France, Belguim and Germany and ones thing for sure wont be doing it again!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
power ranger said:
Just come back from Germany on monday and drove there in the Clio 4 up with lugguage. About 1200 miles round trip France, Belguim and Germany and ones thing for sure wont be doing it again!

I bet that was rarther comfy! :)