Reaction score
Briefest Trophy owner?

Goodbye twofivenine, post up occasionally, let us know how you're doing. Lawyers eh? Can't live with them, Can't kill them (without meeting more lawyers).

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Unfortunately I may be selling in the next few months too. Just bought a house and will be travelling almost 600 miles at weekends going home. I just can't justify putting that sort of mileage on such a hot hatch icon. I know others probably do but that's up to them.

When the commuting at weekends stops then I'm sure I could be tempted to get another.......or maybe a DC5, what do you think artdealer, lol.

Reaction score
I do similar mileage without any issues :) In fact I have the option to use a diesel as a commuter but I choose the Trophy every time :)

O.

Reaction score
I got 410 miles out of the tank driving from Brighton to Windermere, wasn't fun though.

I'm buying a house too and I'm considering selling the Trophy, being a pedestrian for a bit, then buying a DC5 while the Yen is still crap, a lot of car for the money. Strange.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
I'm buying a house too and I'm considering selling the Trophy, being a pedestrian for a bit, then buying a DC5 while the Yen is still crap, a lot of car for the money. Strange.

Speak to Miquel @ NewEra imports if you looking to find one that's still in Japan.

Or Tom @ TGM Motorsport if your looking to find one here.

Great guys :wink:

Reaction score
Cue said:
buy a smaller house :)

Or change job (closer to house). Or move house (closer to work). Or sleep in car (better than other two options). ;)

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Cue said:

Or change job (closer to house). Or move house (closer to work). Or sleep in car (better than other two options). ;)

O.

Buying a two bedroom as it is, smaller houses are called flats, already in a flat.

Live five minutes walk from work (working in London at the moment but temporary), hence being a pedestrian is an option.

I get a back pain if I sleep in a car, recaros or not.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
oliie said:
Cue said:

O.

Buying a two bedroom as it is, smaller houses are called flats, already in a flat.

Live five minutes walk from work (working in London at the moment but temporary), hence being a pedestrian is an option.

I get a back pain if I sleep in a car, recaros or not.

Have you tried sleeping in the car with the window open? that way you can stretch out!!! Lol... I have actually had to sleep in the car once (not the Trophy). It also had an ultrasonic alarm (which I forgot when I locked the car with the remote while I snuggled up). Sure enough I moved while sleeping and it set the alarm off. Not quite the most enjoyable night I've had....

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
only two cars I've slept in have both been large, leather clad luxery cars with heated seats.... While in the middle of nowhere, best nights sleep i've had.. don't think the trophy would compare favourably :(

Reaction score
Thanks lads...its gone to a good home. the lad who bought knew of here, so expect him along shortly - plus I gave him my engraved keyring and left the CT sticker in the back window. He lives in Chorley, Lancs..so any members from around there keep any eye out for a new one in your neck of the woods!

Problem is - what do I get now? Tempted by an early S3, but high miles and cam belts putting me off. Anybody got any recommendations for a 8500-9000 machine? Not bothered about 182/172 cup.....been there / done that!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
E36 M3 Evo - make sure you get a '99 plate one. They were the first with traction control and boy do you need it in the wet :)

Reaction score
twofivenine said:
Thanks lads...its gone to a good home. the lad who bought knew of here, so expect him along shortly - plus I gave him my engraved keyring and left the CT sticker in the back window. He lives in Chorley, Lancs..so any members from around there keep any eye out for a new one in your neck of the woods!

Problem is - what do I get now? Tempted by an early S3, but high miles and cam belts putting me off. Anybody got any recommendations for a 8500-9000 machine? Not bothered about 182/172 cup.....been there / done that!

If you've sold the Trophy because you're on a budget, I would not spend nearly what you paid for the Trophy on an older, un-warrantied car, it's poor fiscal sense.

If you need practicality but a bit of fun, get something Japanese, maybe an Integra DC2, spend as much as you can on one after lots of research. That's what I would get right now if I could justify it.

S3's aren't good driver's cars and un-modded are no quicker than a Trophy, not in a straight line and certainly not in the corners. It's not all about performance/driving pleasure though, you might like Audi's. In which case, get an S2 Quattro - Superb.

Reaction score
fancy a bit of luxury this time around..after the VX and the trophy...those heated recaro's look appealing!