197 steering wheel on a 182?!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think the 197 steering wheel is nicer than the 182's! Has anyone fitted a 197 steering wheel to a 182 or know if it is possible? Does it obscure the dials too much as it seems smaller? Do the cruise control functions work?

Kind regards

Dom

Reaction score
Ya that steering wheel is class... here's Renault's less then enthusiastic response to the idea from "Ask the Experts":

richard225 asked 197 steering wheel
My misses was wondering would the 197 steering wheel fit her 182 cup? And what would be involved to swap them over. Richard

Jeremy Townsend responded on the 10-07-2006
For me the two are not similar as they are from different supliers and the columns are also different. Lastly the airbags will not be compatible. Regards,

Reaction score
I think the splines are different.

7MAT has sort of answered this on another thread iirc

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Ya that steering wheel is class... here's Renault's less then enthusiastic response to the idea from "Ask the Experts":

My misses was wondering would the 197 steering wheel fit her 182 cup? And what would be involved to swap them over. Richard

For me the two are not similar as they are from different supliers and the columns are also different. Lastly the airbags will not be compatible. Regards,

Is it me or is the "Ask the Experts" section of the RS website a waste of time? I see it as a cynical ploy to encourage people to buy RS products. Some guy posted an email to them asking for info on RS decals for his own project and they just answered something to the effect of "sorry we have no info.." Very helpful!!!!

Reaction score
Hi

Karlos said:
duffer987 said:

Is it me or is the "Ask the Experts" section of the RS website a waste of time? I see it as a cynical ploy to encourage people to buy RS products. Some guy posted an email to them asking for info on RS decals for his own project and they just answered something to the effect of "sorry we have no info.." Very helpful!!!!

Does anyone know anyone who might be able to make a spline adjuster so it can be done?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
my only experience on the 'experts' was asking them about high & low pressure area at the front of the trophy, responce was 'that's confidential info'.... like another auto mft could just get that info but plugging in the right equiptment....