Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'll update this thread in due course, but just a quick link to our Mini Cooper - gutted to be selling it, but at least the T's staying for now :wink:

It's up for £6250;
- 41k miles
- Full Mini SH
- Recently serviced
- New pads all round
- MOT until April 2012
- Tax until Oct 2011

Ebay Classified Link

MiniTrophy3.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looks huge next to the T. I didn't realise they the Cooper was so low on power my 5 GTTurbo has Moe horses or at least did :)

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Looks huge next to the T. I didn't realise they the Cooper was so low on power my 5 GTTurbo has Moe horses or at least did :)

There was a lovely 5GT Turbo at the Pau Historic GP today ( no photos unfortunately)

Sorry - off topic :-(

Reaction score
J - the wheels totally eclipse the T's.. You'd be surprised how hard the ride is too. My OH is totally disappointed by the ride quality of the fiesta that's replaced the mini - she said it feels like a blamange(sp?) in comparison..!!! Thankfully it's on a ford employee scheme, so we'll be changing it in a couple of months - convinced her to try the zetec s instead.. I'm sure it still won't be a patch on the mini though..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
C used to love going out in the T even though the ride was hard and she used to rattle around like a pea in a can and ended up with a red cooper. :).

Jeff, you say gp. Was it just normal oe or a racing/cup/coupe? I would love a cup to have some fun in as mine is far too nice to do anything but drive like miss daisy. I just don't have the space :(

Reaction score
hoolio said:
C used to love going out in the T even though the ride was hard and she used to rattle around like a pea in a can and ended up with a red cooper. :).

Jeff, you say gp. Was it just normal oe or a racing/cup/coupe? I would love a cup to have some fun in as mine is far too nice to do anything but drive like miss daisy. I just don't have the space :(

Not a massive expert on the 5 but I think it was a normal one (engine at the front) which had been prep'd for the track. It wasn't racing yesterday (too modern) but was out on the track free session between the races - we were also doing the same in my friends Citroen SM Regembau :) the 5 was going really well. Going to try to do the same with the T next time via a "club" entry :)

Reaction score
Now sold

Sad to see it go, but the money will be useful for a house (pending finding one we like!).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Re: 05 Plate Mini Copter

That was pretty quick, I don't feel so bad about spamming your thread now :)

Jeff. It could have been a cup car, the mid engined 5's were the turbo 1 and 2 a good one of those with rally history will easily get 100k. The cup cars were just normal 5GT stripped out with all the extras needed for the cup series of races much like they do for the Clio cup series. There is a LHD one for sale on rtoc for 1500, tempted.

Reaction score
Ha - J, I wouldn't expect anything else from you - I'd be the same ;)

Couldn't believe how quickly it sold. Must be a testament to the hours we ploughed into keeping it looking superb.. For the record, I tried werkstat jeffs. Not convinced I'm using it properly as beading wasn't that amazing..??

We took 6k for her in the end, which I was pretty hAppy with :)

Reaction score
Re: 05 Plate Mini Copter

hoolio said:
Jeff. It could have been a cup car, the mid engined 5's were the turbo 1 and 2 a good one of those with rally history will easily get 100k.

:shock: blimey they are pricey! mind you I'd be tempted with the lhd cup car at 1500 quid too......