Reaction score
The tiger looks well extreme.

Also back of picture just looks like a rund down back yard!

How do they use an R6 chassis for a car? Or does R6 simply refer to some technique?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy176 said:
The tiger looks well extreme.

Also back of picture just looks like a rund down back yard!

How do they use an R6 chassis for a car? Or does R6 simply refer to some technique?

R6 is just the name for that model, they also have a B6 and super six. Just a theme they went with i guess. Not quite a lotus 7 maybe.

Reaction score
Yeh, Gazza is right, I'm not sure how much use a motorbike 'chassis' would be for a car!

I've been looking into kit-cars recently because I've pretty much decided that I'm going to keep the Trophy and build a kit-car next year, I'm actually looking for a house now that has a garage or potential for one that's going to be my workshop. The Tiger's look great, as does the Dax Rush but I know I'm going to end up building a Caterham SV (wide body). I just love the Lotus Seven, it's a proper car. Thae fact that you can never get bored with it, take the Duratec out and drop a Hyabusa engine in, if you get bored of that, you can turbo it, then if that's not enough you should get out of cars and try base-jumping.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
Yeh, Gazza is right, I'm not sure how much use a motorbike 'chassis' would be for a car!

I've been looking into kit-cars recently because I've pretty much decided that I'm going to keep the Trophy and build a kit-car next year, I'm actually looking for a house now that has a garage or potential for one that's going to be my workshop. The Tiger's look great, as does the Dax Rush but I know I'm going to end up building a Caterham SV (wide body). I just love the Lotus Seven, it's a proper car. Thae fact that you can never get bored with it, take the Duratec out and drop a Hyabusa engine in, if you get bored of that, you can turbo it, then if that's not enough you should get out of cars and try base-jumping.

Yeah the dax rush looks lovely. Yeah i wish i had a garage i would by the first part of the kit now. I would be tempted to look into westfield mate, a lot cheaper than a caterham. Always think the press are anti westfield for some reason. Evo didnt seem to like them in that last test they did. But it was the cheapest version.

TURBO BUSA!!! I want one

G

Seeing as you're all going on about these mild fantacy cars, I'm going to suggest mine - the E60 BMW M5. Nothing comes close in my opinion, and so I'm going to say I want one of those! :) It'll outdrag most of your Caterhams too. :p

Reaction score
I love the E60! It's about the only big car I'd happily own. Do a search and find my Guy Ritchie M5 video, if you didn't love them before you will now!

The kit car thing is no fantasy, I've already got 'permission' from the girlfriend! If I was talking fantasy I would want;

An E92 M3 4.0 V8 planted in an Ariel Atom chassis. 414bhp from a 8300rpm V8 weighing less than 200kg so prob 800bhp/ton.

Reaction score
Steve, there was a plan in the States to fit a Radical type lightweight V-8 into the Atom- at about 300 plus bhp, but with the benefit of preserving the balance. Not sure what is happening now.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
george i think that's a plan and a half. the aerodynamic properties of a Radical far outweigh the lightweight nature of an atom.

A Radical with 300+ BHP would be about as quick as you could go on track, this side of an F1 car, Le Mans territory that.

G

Steve said:
I love the E60! It's about the only big car I'd happily own. Do a search and find my Guy Ritchie M5 video, if you didn't love them before you will now!

The kit car thing is no fantasy, I've already got 'permission' from the girlfriend! If I was talking fantasy I would want;

An E92 M3 4.0 V8 planted in an Ariel Atom chassis. 414bhp from a 8300rpm V8 weighing less than 200kg so prob 800bhp/ton.
Thanks for that - I'll look it up! I can't help but love BMWs; I've been brought up with them. My father's got an E60 at the moment (with a rubbish engine, though), but it's a beautiful car. The M5 is simply stunning! He's got the E92 M3 on order, so I can't wait to have a go in that. :) Won't be quite as fast as your Atom M3, but I'm sure it won't be slow. :lol:

The kit-car thing sounds good. Sounds like a lot of fun, but I fear I'd make a big mess trying to build a car. If it ever got to the point where it could propel itself, crucial bits would likely fall off and cause massive damage to both itself and me.

Max

Reaction score
Gazza said:
Steve said:

Yeah the dax rush looks lovely. Yeah i wish i had a garage i would by the first part of the kit now. I would be tempted to look into westfield mate, a lot cheaper than a caterham. Always think the press are anti westfield for some reason. Evo didnt seem to like them in that last test they did. But it was the cheapest version.

TURBO BUSA!!! I want one

The press are anti Westfield, have thought this for a while. They should really get behind small British car manufacturers. Have been out in a 'Busa powered Westfield, it makes you realise what fast really is. I know they don't have the prestige of Caterham but you can build one to your personal spec for a lot less money. Stuart Taylor Motorsport is worth a look too, he makes his own Seven kit, he's been very successful racing them. Visited his factory a year or two ago, he's the type that lives and breaths motorsport.

Reaction score
People are very snobby about any Lotus Seven type cars that aren't Caterhams it seems, Donkey had a lot of snobbery thrown his way when building his race car and not much help from the Caterham lot, it took him lapping the R500's around Cadwell Park for them to take him seriously.

When I build mine, it will be quite simple and low powered at first, something like a Roadsport, If I go from FWD to a proper lunatic Seven, I will die for sure, and I quite liking being not dead at the moment.

Reaction score
I will be replacing the Trophy with a E46 M3 possibly a CSL if i can find a cheapish mint one, as new as possible either in Black or dark grey, but im wanting Black more at the moment. Full Black Leather and Manual Box.
Im gonna put coilovers, Exhaust system, Decat, Induction Kit & finally Chip with 155MPH limiter taken off.
Should be quite allot of rear wheel drive fun to come.!!!

Reaction score
PaulTrophy002 said:
I will be replacing the Trophy with a E46 M3 possibly a CSL if i can find a cheapish mint one, as new as possible either in Black or dark grey, but im wanting Black more at the moment. Full Black Leather and Manual Box.
Im gonna put coilovers, Exhaust system, Decat, Induction Kit & finally Chip with 155MPH limiter taken off.

you will have problems finding a CSL in manual and with full black leather!

Reaction score
PaulTrophy002 said:

I sold my E46 M3 SMG for the Trophy.

I had the M3 for three years from new, nice car but IMHO not as good as my previous E36 M3.

Reaction score
MCoupe said:
PaulTrophy002 said:

you will have problems finding a CSL in manual and with full black leather!

Plus good luck getting the car to run with a de-cat.

Reaction score
PaulTrophy002 said:

..plus I'm sure they only come in black or dark grey.

Reaction score
PaulTrophy002 said:

You are going to put coilovers on the CSL? There should be a law against that!

I think the CSL suspension is more than up to the job of being nothing short of fantastic - it is a no compromise car (they've the M3 for that).

Also a decat and induction kit have proven to not add much to the car... in some cases lowering output. Again, the CSL has an amazing carbon fibre induction system coupled with an amazing induction tune... one of the big draws of the car!

On a seperate note: would you really take a CSL over a Porsche 996? They are the same price and compete pretty much head on. I know where I'd put my money :)

Just my two cents.
O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
You are going to put coilovers on the CSL? There should be a law against that!

I think the CSL suspension is more than up to the job of being nothing short of fantastic - it is a no compromise car (they've the M3 for that).

Also a decat and induction kit have proven to not add much to the car... in some cases lowering output. Again, the CSL has an amazing carbon fibre induction system coupled with an amazing induction tune... one of the big draws of the car!

On a seperate note: would you really take a CSL over a Porsche 996? They are the same price and compete pretty much head on. I know where I'd put my money :)

Just my two cents.
O.

My mates CSL has Ohlins remote reservoir dampers in the boot and under the bonnet.

The standard induction in the CSL is amazing. And massive. Takes up half the space under the bonnet.

Reaction score
I've known a few CSL owners to ditch the suspension. Handy for me at the time as I was able to get hold of the thicker CSL anti-roll bars to go with my PSS9's.

Reaction score
Sorry - I was a bit broad with the suspension comment! I can understand Ohlins remote resevior units as replacements for the CSL suspension.

However I've had PSS9s on an E46 too - surely these are not better than the stock CSL items?