Reaction score
7MAT said:
PaulTrophy002 said:
I will be replacing the Trophy with a E46 M3 possibly a CSL if i can find a cheapish mint one, as new as possible either in Black or dark grey, but im wanting Black more at the moment. Full Black Leather and Manual Box.
Im gonna put coilovers, Exhaust system, Decat, Induction Kit & finally Chip with 155MPH limiter taken off.
Should be quite allot of rear wheel drive fun to come.!!!

I sold my E46 M3 SMG for the Trophy.

I had the M3 for three years from new, nice car but IMHO not as good as my previous E36 M3.

It's no wonder you have the most modified Trophy Matt, it must feel dead slow after an AC Schnitzer E36 M3! That would be a very handy 'Ring tool. I loved it when Bovington from EVO was building his E36 8:00 minute track car, on such a tight budget too!

Reaction score
Steve said:
7MAT said:
PaulTrophy002 said:
I will be replacing the Trophy with a E46 M3 possibly a CSL if i can find a cheapish mint one, as new as possible either in Black or dark grey, but im wanting Black more at the moment. Full Black Leather and Manual Box.
Im gonna put coilovers, Exhaust system, Decat, Induction Kit & finally Chip with 155MPH limiter taken off.
Should be quite allot of rear wheel drive fun to come.!!!

I had the M3 for three years from new, nice car but IMHO not as good as my previous E36 M3.

It's no wonder you have the most modified Trophy Matt, it must feel dead slow after an AC Schnitzer E36 M3! That would be a very handy 'Ring tool. I loved it when Bovington from EVO was building his E36 8:00 minute track car, on such a tight budget too!

Yeah my E36 was sweet, I sometimes wish I still had that car. Performance BMW published a double page poster spread of it as it was the quickest car down Brunttingthorpe straight on a mag test day. I also enjoyed reading about the 8 minute car in EVO. The Trophy might not be as fast but is just as much fun if not more. To be honest I've modified every car I've ever owned. :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
7MAT said:

That's interesting - I thought I was the only person in the UK who preffered the E36 to the E46 M3's. I loved my M3 Evo, when I binned it I had a E46 M3 on a weeks long test and didn't think it was as exciting. Felt heavy and not any quicker, slightly slower if anything because of the feeling of carrying more bulk.

I opted for the 330 as saving 10k when your buying a house comes in useful.

Reaction score
The 320bhp E36 M3 EVO is quicker than the E46 M3. Despite what E46 owners will tell you.

G

No way! An E46 is at least as quick as an E36 in a drag-race, and miles better round the corners. I prefer the way the E36 looks (I've always thought it was a lovely shape), but the E46 is the better car without a doubt.
I've got my next couple of cars mapped out already - Megane R26 in 6-12 months' time, E46 M3 CS after that. :mrgreen:

Reaction score
I said i was after a E46 M3 in black or dark grey and POSSIBLY A CSL. And i no the CSL dosent come with leather but i would want black leather in the normal M3.

If i was getting a csl i would not touch the suspenshion but due to not owning an M3 before i dont no the tuning way to go and if a DECAT dont Run i wont fit one.

I just would want to modify the M3 with the BMW best parts similar to what my Trophy has got but different brands for sure. Trophys got a Carbon Induction kit Simota Aerofoam, H&R Coliovers set up by mark fish, decat, Janspeed system & RS tuning chip.

I just fancy some luxury & Comfort next as im getting on a bit now.

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
is it just me or do all m3's sound broken as standard?

they all have a really dodgy/horrible note at full chat!

That bag of nails sound is fabulous and engineered in by BMW :) You have to read to brochure to get the full spin on it ...

Reaction score
I owned both cars for 3years each and modified both. Without doubt the E36 Evo was the quicker car. Even when put on a diet and tuned the E46 never felt as quick as the E36.

Cue said:
7MAT said:

That's interesting - I thought I was the only person in the UK who preffered the E36 to the E46 M3's. I loved my M3 Evo, when I binned it I had a E46 M3 on a weeks long test and didn't think it was as exciting. Felt heavy and not any quicker, slightly slower if anything because of the feeling of carrying more bulk.

I opted for the 330 as saving 10k when your buying a house comes in useful.

Reaction score
Drove up and down to Edinburgh this weekend taking in some roads off the A68 which bikers love and the Trophy was spot on. Even more so with my new mods - manifold match and remap.

Trophy blasted through corners and made overtaking an utter ease even when diesel estate decided to put there foot down!!

In terms of what is next I am sticking with a bike plus Trophy.

However, my Dad has just taken order of his 3.2 DSG TT and it is gorgeous. He had a 3.2 Boxster on 24 hour test drive last week and apart from the engine the TT is a much more accomplished car. Especially the interior and comfort. Not a single rattle or squeak. Something us Trophy drivers have never heard of!

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
However, my Dad has just taken order of his 3.2 DSG TT and it is gorgeous. He had a 3.2 Boxster on 24 hour test drive last week and apart from the engine the TT is a much more accomplished car. Especially the interior and comfort. Not a single rattle or squeak. Something us Trophy drivers have never heard of!

DSG boxes are awesome, they shift up in milliseconds! Is the TT available with paddle shifts aswell?

back on topic...

After druelling over the DC5 thread the other day, I would love to own one in the future. I'm sure the VTEC would be highly addictive, costing me a small fortune in V-Power, but it would take more than a high fuel bill to wipe the smile off my face!

Reaction score
Aye agree with you their Dave on the VTEC but I would miss the torque especicially since my mods. Performance is well up. All gears pull now like no tomorrow. The mods I have done have put me off changing now like.

Yeah TT has paddle shift.

Garage messed up his order first time so he has had demo for five months and he let me drive it. I have never felt so confident in a car mate, going in and out of corners it just gripped and gripped and gripped. And that had the paddleshift - lots and lots of fun. The changes are so quick. He had an S60 T5 before with a few mods and the auto box in that used to delay or change up too early. No such probs in the TT it is very well sorted.

Reaction score
Dunno he always wanted a TT but then decided for S60. So second time round he went fo TT! He has just turned 50!!

The s60 was ridiculously fast though - only car to leave him for dead was a skyline!

Reaction score
Nah, a Trophy's quicker than a T5, 300bhp doesn't count for much in a car that weighs more than Neptune.

I like the new TT's, actually prefer them to the old one. And they're a much better car by all accounts.

Reaction score
Ha ha! That's what I used to tell him.

Saw an all white TT today with RS wheels very nice!

R8 is the one to get though, if you can afford.

G

After my TT ownership experience (it committed the worst crime a car can do - be boring) I never wish to own another Audi ever again. :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well it won't be the 1.2 Fieta Style i got as courtesy car today :lol: