Reaction score
the more i think about it, the more i want an e46 m3/m3 csl as my next car.

I can't get the sound of a csl downshifting at Donnington with a supersprint exhaust (i think it was) out of my head. he was there when i done my donny trackday and had red wheels :D sounded incredible...i want i want!

G

Ah, the red wheel'd CSL. I've seen that before at Brands Hatch.

Reaction score
I think that car was for sale on Pistonheads not that long ago...

On the subject of CSL's there is a guy on the BMW forums who has just has his painted white :shock:

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
White is the main colour at moment. Trophy would have been awesome in white.

Especially that white that the new Golf GTi's come in.

Not sure if the anthracite turini's would go though...black may be better

Reaction score
I'd be sticking with the dark silver if i had a CSL, and i'll be sticking with the red with the Trophy.

A few people were talking of full vinyl wraps for cars - that'd be one way to achieve the white look if you wished - not sure of the cost though - anyone know?

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
Hmmm, If I'm honest I don't really like that but each to their own I guess

Yeah i pretty much agree - i'd have stuck with the original colour, i think its stunning in the dark silver

Reaction score
That doesn't look good in white, strange because the 635 CSL and 2002 Turbo looked amazing in white, that looks like a taxi or a traffic car.

Gunmetal perfect colour for the CSL in my opinion, esp. with the carbon weave roof.

G

Seeing as we're on the subject of CSLs, what about the wrapped one?
100_0940v2.jpg

My Dad's old car and my old car:
DSC02244v2.jpg
DSC02230v3.jpg

G

The Focus RS: fast, but utterly compromised. On a track it was great, on the road it was horrible. Way too torque-steery and I just didn't get on with it. The Megane R26 achieves what the RS was trying to do all along IMO.

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting. Local dealers has an r26 in so think I ll be test driving that on my day off next week.

Seen a couple of young lads driving RS recently aint got a clue how they get insured. I fancied one when looking at Trophy and Type R but insurance put me off.

Did your dad let you drive m3? Was it good? Sat in one once and it just felt perfect.

G

The RS was cheaper to insure than the Trophy... Bizarrely cheap insurance and I don't know why!

Yeah, I got to drive the CSL. He had a 'normal' E46 M3 before the CSL and that was very good, but the CSL is on another level. You'd have to spend lots of money to find a nicer car IMO.

Reaction score
i'd be keen for one of these: http://www.brookecars.co.uk

different to the usual caterham, atom etc; good reviews; looks cool in my opinion; they're even talking about a 350bhp supercharged version - which (if its anything like the s'charged atom 300) will be sh*it yourself quick.

clearly it would have to be a second car though. so if cash wasn't an issue, i'd probably have an rs4 avant or beemer m5 touring to park alongside.

[/img]

Attachments

• brooke_060712_034.jpg
    brooke_060712_034.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 618
Reaction score
bakedbeats said:
different to the usual caterham, atom etc; good reviews; looks cool in my opinion; they're even talking about a 350bhp supercharged version - which (if its anything like the s'charged atom 300) will be sh*it yourself quick.

Atoms are hardly common place tbh :?

Reaction score
sorry, i should have made it clearer. atoms always make an appearance at the trackdays I go to, so from my point of view, the brooke would be a bit different.

Reaction score
bakedbeats said:
sorry, i should have made it clearer. atoms always make an appearance at the trackdays I go to, so from my point of view, the brooke would be a bit different.

note to self: remember to word posts in such a way to avoid pendantic pointless responses.

Cheers for that :roll: