Reaction score
So the answer to "Where can you go after a Trophy?" is;

from three wheels to two!

This is what i meant about the Europa, I know acceleration isn't everything but it's fatted itself out of the game really, the whole point of a Lotus is low weight. VXR would be nice, but i don't like red cars.

Reaction score
vxr Turbo comes in yellow too.

Look at me!!!

Yeah I ll take that point it is an attempt to get the tt/boxter drives to try the alternative.

G

I was interested in the VXR220 after I sold my Focus. All was going well until I tried to get an insurance quote for one... :(

Reaction score
I think they only made 50. Insurance Group 20, 220bhp in a 850kg car, not going to be cheap.

Reaction score
Looks impressive more exclusive the beloved Trophy!!

Next car? HMMMM. Think I d just opt for normal Turbo to be honest, seems as if they are hitting a reasonable price on pistonheads. Very tempted.

Reaction score
if i was getting a vx220, i wouldn't get the vxr, i would get the normal turbo and take it to Thorney Motorsport like my mate has...running an estimated 220bhp and 250lb/ft......and his is a 1 off and looks like this.....

NT5U0818.jpg

2 tone paint job
thorney stage 2 remap
astra vxr turbo
oz superleggras (16's at front, 17's rear)
ap racing brakes at front
nitron suspension
carbon front splitter
carbon rear diffuser

...its a tool!

Reaction score
Off work next week for half term so I may go on the hunt for a vx Turbo and take it for a spin along with s2000 and evo8. No intention to buy just gonna go have banter with the stealers.

Might even test drive new clio r26thing as my local renault has one in.

Reaction score
you need to look at the stats

we are talking about handling here and the 7,s do not handle as good as a Elise/Exige.

Take a seven with the same power to weight as a Exige and then look at the track times.

the R400 is 409 Bhp/ton so thats why its fast but a Lotus with 400Bhp/ ton would be faster round a track because they handle better.

So it all depends what engines are in both cars as to which is faster round a track

to say a Seven had the lotus licked is daft becasue a seven also came low down in that test. And a westy came last.

Reaction score
Half bike half car.

Looking forward to the magazines testing it and to see what they say.

Looks slightly Judge Dredd though!

Reaction score
If I ran an insurance company and a teenager tried to get insured on a mid-engined sports car that does 0-60 in 4.7 secs, I'd make him pay more than £7K for the privilege. It's asking for trouble!

G

Steve said:
If I ran an insurance company and a teenager tried to get insured on a mid-engined sports car that does 0-60 in 4.7 secs, I'd make him pay more than £7K for the privilege. It's asking for trouble!
But I wud do no racin', innit.