Reaction score
Should have put this on the seat belt topic but never mind . My wing mirror whistles and i have plugged the hole in the bottom but still there only goes when i pull the mirror in . Any one know how to fix . There is also a lot of wind noise from the door .

Reaction score
Yea - I've noticed wind noise from the drivers door as well. It is a high pitched whistle and seems to come from the top corner of the drivers door. Only seem to get it around the 20 - 40 mph range. After that I can't hear it though that could either be because it goes away or because I am listening to the engine.

I have checked the seals and they look fine.

Reaction score
It is a design fault with all Clios. My old 1.4 had the same issue, it seems to be the way in which the air flows over the car, not a lot that can be done.

If you have checked the door seals and the window seals, and they are fine the only option you have is to turn the stero up a couple of notches :wink:

Reaction score
The window seal does not look great in the bottom left corner may get dealer to look at it before the drive to Cornwall .

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Try this - it worked for me on the whistling sound:

Get some doubled sided sticky trim foam, pull mirror in towards the window. cut a small strip of foam and pull off on side of the sticky backing and position on the exposed black section of the mirror, then snap the mirror forward trapping the foam. If you do it neatly it will be invisible. Hey presto no whistling.

The noise comes from the wind passing down the slight gap between the mirror housing and the hub.