Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting some spacers and was wondering, has anyone else has tried them on a Trophy, and if so, how did you get on?

I'm currently running 1.5 degrees of negative camber at the front, standard Sachs (still pinned), Eibach Sportline springs (although I'll hopefully be trying out some Cooksport springs in the next week or so), and either standard ET45 16" Turinis or ET43 15" 2118s, depending on my mood.

I'm thinking about getting some 20mm FK/Eibach/H&R hubcentric bolt-to-hub spacers for the front, and for the rear, 10mm hub spacers (without any camber).

Does anyone have any experience of this or a similar spacer setup?

Cheers

Reaction score
I've added camber, changed to Sportlines and have adjustable Konis, plus when the Sachs need refurbing they'll be getting unpinned - all of which have/will improve the driving experience.

Yes, it's a fantastic machine out of the box but that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon, mechanically or aesthetically, without compromising handling.

Reaction score
The only thing is spacers will put a greater load on your wheeel bearings as it moves the wheel away from the centre line.

How have you achieved the front camber? with camber bolts? again this has messed with the angles

Last edited:
Reaction score
The only thing is spacers will put a greater load on your wheeel bearings as it moves the wheel away from the centre line.

How have you achieved the front camber? with camber bolts? again this has messed with the angles

The first is true of bolt-to-hub spacers, but the rear spacers fit behind the hub itself, adding no further load on the wheels.

Eibach camber bolts, indeed. Their raison d'étre is to allow you to adjust angles, and I really was surprised how much difference they made - so much more positive and the response is more immediate, I think they're great!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Claude I was thinking about a bit of handling upgrade for the Wales weekend and was wondering how you got on with your parts...?
I have ordered some camber bolt and was looking at spacers but didn't order any yet... Did you go 20 and 10 in the end or not bother ?

Reaction score
I still run the camber bolts and can remember the transformation and the first roundabout seconds after driving out of the workshop. It's almost snigger-inducing.

Spacers I'm not so sure about. I can't remember whether I've got 20mm or 25mm on the fronts, and yes the wheels don't sit as far in the arches, but Carbon Chaos is right - all it's doing is adding stress. I don't know what discernible impact they have on handling.

Reaction score
I have used 5mm, 10mm, 15 and 20mm spacers on mine. I can only recommend not to use any spacer.
The car will start wobbling, independent of the size of the spacer. Better buy other wheels with a different
(e.g. 37 or 35) offset. I am running 16"x7" OZ ultraleggera with an 37 offset all around. I like this set up as it
diminishes understeer. A 35 offset would do a little bit more improvement.

I am running 1.3 degrees of camber at the front with Dunlop Sportmaxx RT Tires in 205/45/16.
Car is mainly used on B-Roads and german Autobahn. 1-2 times / year on track.