Reaction score
back in November i a look at a Trophy for sale at the Arnold Clarke Ford main dealer on Scotswood Rd - Newcastle Upon Tyne.
up for £7500 with 40k on the clock - Reg SM55 FUV - aparently came from a scottish dealer
Described as "mint" by the clueless salesman when i went in... however it was'nt.

Badly ( repainted? ) bonnet, starting to bubble up in the bottom corner next to the drivers headlight.
Scratched down to the black plastic in 3 places on the back bumper, with a couple more heavy scuffs on the back corner.
Rear 1/4 panel trim behind passenger reat was'nt fitted properly, leaving a 1" from outside you could look in and see behind the panel through the window.
Drivers seat had had the Trophy "plaque" removed (badly marking the subframe)
Carpets were filthy.
Dampers were blown and needed a re-furb big time.
Various other marks and scuffs across the car.

i couldnt help but think the seats wern't from that car, they were pretty clean but the carpets and the rest of the interiour was pretty dirty... maybe thats why the plaque on the drivers seat had been removed ?

I asked the salesman about the dampers - didnt really know what i was talking about, he then walked off and never returned.

Wondering where it is now? did anyone on here buy it?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOL. As if anyone is going to put their hands up to owning it after that rather "special" review :)

One to watch out for though.

Reaction score
My friend who was a sales lad from over there told me they had a trophy in said it was a dog i might try and see where it went

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Signed on over there but all the forums are still locked to me which means registration is a bit of a waste of time, odd.

Anyway why don't you invite him over here to share the pipe.

Reaction score
i have photos to back up my claims...lol

"i'm just the doctor...i didn't make the needle sharp"

Jay

Reaction score
Just noticed on the cs posting..... Check the pic of the recaro. No trophy stamp. Shamefull!

Reaction score
yeah, looks like its in good hands now.
shame about the plaque, although i still think the seats were from another trophy, hence the missing plaque...