Reaction score
I'm looking at spending no more than a grand on some performance upgrades on the Trophy. looking at the Morego (without cams) but not sure. Does a custom remap, filter and exhaust offer more value for money and if so who and where do you recommend?

cheers.

Reaction score
Hi

Have a look at some of George K's posts as he seems to have alot of experience of the mods you mentioned suffice to say leave the cams and exhaust alone and go for a live remap rather than a plug in chip.
HTH

Reaction score
i looked into the morego pack myself but its a rip off for such a small increase, i already have the aftermarket exhaust on mine a decat and i have a maxogen on it all they would be able to offer me from that pack is the cams and a remap which is pointless really for that money im opting for the RS Tuner from fastchip im not intrested in the cams as i'll lose my bottom end power, depends what you want really but im sure you can easily source the upgrades separatly for a much more reasonable price.

Reaction score
how much is the rs tuning dremap then, and why do you say not to bother with exhaust (theres nothing wrong with mine at the moment, but will replace when its rusted through).

cheers

Reaction score
IMO best option without going into the realms of spending big money is:

- Maxogen - approx £450 new and fitted
- CAT back exaust - varies depending on how much you want to spend. Miltek was £310+vat excluding fitting
- Custom remap/standard remap - Approx £300-450

This will cost you over a grand (approximately £1400-1500) but if you can source used parts (zaust and maxogen) this may take is below £1K. Or sub the maxogen for a panel filter.

Reaction score
Just get a good custom re-map - everything else is marginal and never backed up by independent before and after figures. Save the rest for geometry, brakes and your next set of pads.

Reaction score
Dsturbed said:
why do you say not to bother with exhaust (theres nothing wrong with mine at the moment, but will replace when its rusted through).

cheers

Yep I'd say replace it when its rusted through the gains are marginal or for a more fruitier sound, I also cant see the air filter gaining much over standard and together thats around £800 better spent elsewhere.

Have a search around the forum theres lots of info regarding exhausts and maxogens I think somebody was going to do a before and afer but cant remember who. Hoolio ?

Invest the money on some track time or hillclimbs and sprints if you want a taste of competition as this will give you a better understanding of how your car feels at a far higher limit than on the open roads and make you much quicker than an exhaust and filter could. :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
1. remove any weight you don't need - use the back seats at all?
2. improve braking - £ couple of hundred
3. remove and replace the pipes and accoustic valve that lead to the airbox. Buy a espace v6 one from a scrap yard (close match for a maxogen) and engineer your own CAF - easy to do.
4. Buy an RS tuner and get yourself your own custom map, or give paul at RS tuning a call and have him do it.

All in it'll be sub £500, you could get an decent aftermarket exhaust if you really want to but just getting a decat will have a bigger impact.

Reaction score
Depends what you want from the car?

Do you want it for road, or will you track it?

If its for road i would say:

1. Remap - £300-400
2. Induction - £100-400
3. Exhaust - £200-500

If its for track I would say:

1. Brakes - £250-300
2. Camber adjustment - £100-200
3. De-pinning dampers - £0
4. Track Wheels & Tyres - £250-600

Reaction score
wrightyrs said:
How about putting the £1K and your car towards changing for a R26!!! lol