BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No need to tell insurance about that as the dampers are factory fit.

I realise that seems obvious but your not really modifying them in any way as such, they are already adjustable dampers its just Reno drilled a hole and put a pin in them.

Reaction score
Can someone explain what you mean by unpinned dampers? oh and also can someone tell me what the little red light (that never comes on) is next to the gear lever?

Reaction score
^^ its the alarm and the unpinning removes the pin from the adjuster on the dampers to change their setting such as harder/softer :)

Reaction score
The trick dampers on the front of the car have pins right through the adjuster, so that you can't adjust them. Real clever isn't it. You can get these removed, thus returning it as intended.
The red light near the gear stick is the alarm light. It comes on when you lock the car.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BoroGTI said:
Can someone explain what you mean by unpinned dampers?

The dampers are adjustable but only if you reverse what renault did to them by driving a pin through the red adjuster on top of the remote reservoir to lock them in the centre position.

BoroGTI said:
oh and also can someone tell me what the little red light (that never comes on) is next to the gear lever?

You mean this doesn't flash when you arm the alarm? :?

Reaction score
How bizzarre making adjustable dampers...erm.....non adjustable :) well my light doesent work because thats what i thought it was so i watched it as i set the alarm and it doesent flash

Reaction score
They did not make adjustable dampers non adjustable they used dampers from a company that makes adjustables fit a car and then locked them so owners would not ruin the handling, crash and sue them.

The best brains at Renault setup the best hot hatch ever so why unpin them?

Mine are unpinned from the last owner but are set to 22 and I'm not even tempted to change it.

Makes me laugh when people buy coilovers because they are adjustable, well the secret with coilovers is to pay someone in the know to set them up and leave them.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Makes me laugh when people buy coilovers because they are adjustable, well the secret with coilovers is to pay someone in the know to set them up and leave them.

Well isn't the idea of buying adjustable coilovers so that they can be setup (professionally) depending on driving conditions, style etc.. If you dont buy them adjustable you cant set them up how you want, unless thay have been designed for a specific purpose.

EDIT: Ah, you mean people buy them adjustable so they can go tell their mates they have adjustable dampers to look cool when really they dont have a clue on where to begin setting them up ?

Reaction score
BenG said:

Well isn't the idea of buying adjustable coilovers so that they can be setup (professionally) depending on driving conditions, style etc.. If you dont buy them adjustable you cant set them up how you want, unless thay have been designed for a specific purpose.

EDIT: Ah, you mean people buy them adjustable so they can go tell their mates they have adjustable dampers to look cool when really they dont have a clue on where to begin setting them up ?

Exactly.

They may buy some fancy stuff (although I doubt it) but a cheap set well setup will be much better than an expensive set mess about with by some no knowledge chav.

Infact I bet there are tons of car running expensive coilover kits that handle way worse than standard.

Reaction score
BoroGTI said:
How bizzarre making adjustable dampers...erm.....non adjustable :) well my light doesent work because thats what i thought it was so i watched it as i set the alarm and it doesent flash

renault didnt make them...Sachs did