Reaction score
Need 4 new tyres, couple of quick questions please folks;

Is it best to stick with the exaltos or are the PS2s better or any other worth considering ?

What should I be looking to pay, all fitted ?

Last set did 13k - is that high/low/normal would you say ?

Reaction score
The car came with michelin exalto pe2's.

Stick with these as they are the best all weather tyre by far & they last.

Mytyres do them for around £80.

Can't answer the mileage question as only done 12K.

Reaction score
I have just changed the fronts on mine. done 17.5k and they were right down to the mark.

Local tyre place charged £85 a tyre including fitting, although i won't be going there again as the used a metal tool to remove the old ones which has resulted in some scratches on the alloys!!! not happy.

Shop around for the best deals and play them off against each other with price.

Reaction score
Yeah, around 85 quid a corner does seem to be the going rate, cheers fellas.

Reaction score
Still on originals at 18600 Evo mag did a tyre test
1st Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric
2nd vredestein ultrac sessanta
3rd contisport contact 3
4th bridgestone potenza
5th Michelin pilot sport ps2
6th Pirelli pzero nero
7th Kumho ecsta stp ku31
8th Dunlop sport maxx
9th Yokohama s.drive

Reaction score
nig63 said:
Still on originals at 18600 Evo mag did a tyre test
1st Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric
2nd vredestein ultrac sessanta
3rd contisport contact 3
4th bridgestone potenza
5th Michelin pilot sport ps2
6th Pirelli pzero nero
7th Kumho ecsta stp ku31
8th Dunlop sport maxx
9th Yokohama s.drive

Exaltos won't come into this because they only do limited sizes.

I know what im using & also what buyers etc expect to see on the car :lol:

Reaction score
F1's generally do well in these reports because they are good in very wet conditions, but tend to be average in the dry and damp - there are some very good surveys on tirerack.com

A firend is now on SO2 and provided he runs at 28/26 is very ppeased.

I reckon the PE2 is about 1.5 seconds off a soft track tyre, which is about what one would expect, so there probably is little ot be gained from changing.

The Parada is strange in that Yok0ohama do not promote it for track days or competition - it is not even listed in the Blue Book!

Reaction score
They said about the f1
A decisive win for the new good year with more table topping performance than any other tyre. better still, those wins came in both the wet and dry objective tests and subjectively it was voted best tyre on the dry handling course. The steering feels clean, direct, positive and there is plenty of adjustability and agility. They praised their wet handling abilities too, very neutral, not a single correction required. On the road it was a little noisy but they said it had direct steering and softly predictive steel and it comes in at a good price to.
The test car was a vw golf gti the track bridgestones European proving ground in Rome .
they tested for
wet handling lap times lateral g
aqua planing straight line and cornering
braking wet, dry
resistance
dry handling lap times lateral g
road .

Reaction score
nig63 said:
They said about the f1
A decisive win for the new good year with more table topping performance than any other tyre. better still, those wins came in both the wet and dry objective tests and subjectively it was voted best tyre on the dry handling course. The steering feels clean, direct, positive and there is plenty of adjustability and agility. They praised their wet handling abilities too, very neutral, not a single correction required. On the road it was a little noisy but they said it had direct steering and softly predictive steel and it comes in at a good price to.
The test car was a vw golf gti the track bridgestones European proving ground in Rome .
they tested for
braking wet, dry
resistance
road .

Get them & let us know what they are like.

Michelins only for me.

George K, what are toyo R888's like as track tyres??

In 15 inch.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
nig63 said:
They said about the f1
they tested for
braking wet, dry
resistance
road .

Get them & let us know what they are like.

Michelins only for me.

George K, what are toyo R888's like as track tyres??

In 15 inch.

Did i say i wanted some ?

Reaction score
Nig63. They seem fine, people who have swirtched from Yoko 032/048 don't find them any worse - can't vouch for durability - main attraction is that there is often a super deal to be found. Can't remember if they offer a choice of compounds - if you are thinking of using them for track days, i.e quite high mileage I would be tempted to run hard all round.

My V70A Kumhos, which are in the softest compund would struggle to do much more than 500 miles!!

Reaction score
One other thing, I think R888 have relatively soft sidewalls, so you may need to experiment with pressures - I run only 26/24 for the Kumho.

amm

Reaction score
George K said:
One other thing, I think R888 have relatively soft sidewalls, so you may need to experiment with pressures - I run only 26/24 for the Kumho.

the r888 have got some of the stiffest side walls i have ever seen and they are a cracking tyre i have to run 24 psi hot on track :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i agree with amm, my r888's are have '55' walls are just don't flex, I can get away with 24-25 psi on track and they are perfect.

Reaction score
Well opted for the f1s, theyre getting fitted this saturday.

Will keep you posted on what theyre like compaired to the michelins. Fingers crossed i havent made a bad choice :?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:
Cue said:
i agree with amm, my r888's are have '55' walls are just don't flex, I can get away with 24-25 psi on track and they are perfect.

What size you running??

Was told to get 195/50/15's not 55's?

I'd go for 50's, i just got a really good deal on 55's.