Reaction score
Often overlooked, but very important to the balance and handling of your car. If you haven’t checked your pressures in a couple of weeks, go out an do it today - if you have been driving your Trophy hard, they will usually have changed.

Most people seem to use the following pressures:

Front: 33 33
Rear: 30 30

...however after a bit of research, quite a few of the more aggressive drivers seem to use:

Front: 34 34
Rear: 32 32

...and those figures often go quite a bit higher on track days.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

If you haven’t checked your pressures since you got the car - you should ! mine were as follows, resulting in the car pulling to the right and risking a blow-out:

Front 37 35
Rear 40 34

Tyre pressure should be checked when tyres are Cold after the vehicle has been parked for three or more hours, or driven less than 1 mile.

Buy a digital pressure gauge ( http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/48123/tyre_pressure_gauges_dig.html )

...or a Digital Tyre Inflator (Halfords Rapid Digital Tyre Inflator got a very good review in TEST DRIVE magazine DEC05 £22, the MICHELIN HI-POWER RAPID TYRE INFLATOR won the review but it costs £38)

look carefully at the scuffing on the tread of the tyres. If the scuffing does not extend up to the edge of the tread then you need to lower the pressure by a couple of psi and if the scuffing extends onto the sidewalls then the tyres are too soft and require some more air.

...any more info on tyre pressures is very much appreciated, including a guide for tyre pressures on a track day

Reaction score
I had a similar issue when I picked the car up - the rear driver's side tyre was 5 psi lower than the other side. The dealer wasn't in the least bit interested when I told them.

I asked the panel of experts on the renaultsport forum what pressures to use on track and their answer was surprising - they said use the normal pressures, that is 38 front and 28 rear. I have no idea why they call these normal, but I haven't dropped them anywhere near 28.

At the Ring I run them at about 36 hot front and 32-34 hot rear and that's been fine on a not very warm track for both grip and wear.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good advice there DieHard.

I run 34 front 32 rear on the road, and although I havent really experimented alot with them on trackdays, I find they are pretty much spot on staying at the road pressures. Not too much wear on the sidewalls, and they seem to provide good grip.

38 28 that the renaulsport panel recommend sounds a bit odd to me, but i might just try that at the next trackday.

Reaction score
Switched to a 34fr/32rr today from 32fr/30rr and the ride is quite a bit firmer, but there seems to be less tyre movement when cornering, which suits the stiff suspension nicely :D

Thanks for the advice!