MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Yet Again another problem with the Trophy.

After going through all the oil level stuff and me buying a oil level sensor (getting fitted on tues)
This light now comes up on the car when i start it in the morning. After about 3/4 mins it goes off and does not come back on untill the next again morning.

I have seen a topic on here (As Below)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthre ... l-Light-Up

After reading the topic above im now going to change the oil pressure sensor (8200671286 - £15.28+VAT) on tues with the oil level sensor.

Here is a picture of what comes on when the car has just started. If the new oil level sensor and the oil pressure sensor that i fit on tues dont repair the problem im then getting the oil pressure checked to see if its all above board.

All comments and help wlecome

f8710cf2.gif

Reaction score
Is this a recent fault? If it's every morning and then goes off when up to temperature, perhaps it's as simple as the cold weather.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Very recent, Only started in the last 2/3 weeks.

Bought a new oil level sensor, Oil pressure switch and also the knock sensor that sits above the oil filter.

Hoping that this will solve my problems, if not then its getting an oil pressure test.

Reaction score
Hi Marc, can you keep me updated on this only this morning i had exactly the same thing come up on mine so i got to work check the oil, then done a diagnostic check all is ok with no faults. Iv yet to test pressure and i will explain why.

The strange thing with mine was i started the car come out of the village where i live then on to the dual carrigeway only to be greeted with traffic so while sitting in traffic the lights decided to come on (this being stop light and oil light), i was moving at around 5-10mph as soon as i got a bit more speed up light went off and stayed off for around a minute then back it came again. The outside temp read 13 deg so it wasn't exactly cold, but after the 2 times its done it this morning iv yet to have the light come back on so am completely stumped.

If i get time tomorrow to check oil pressure then i will do and see what the outcome is. The only other thing i can think of is if the cold weather affects the connections behind the dash, iv had this happen before on my astra mk4 common problem on these and usually happens when its icy. Or its caused from water in a connection some where, it was wet this morning.

In the picture you took i cant see the digital display not sure if yours is related or its just my eye sight lol.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have a magic mileage and it is never shown unless i tap 3 times on my dash :wink:

This is only happening in the morning and as i say after 2/3 mins its off and fine, I cheack the oil every weekend now and i also have an OBDII code reader but yet there was nothing stored.

Looking at dash diagrams the read oil can means "Oil Pressure" so im hoping that its the sensor thats away on it. Im getting them all changed tomorrow night with fresh reanult Elf oil and filter.

Reaction score
Had mine checked at main dealer for the same light and they reported a faulty oil pressure sensor, nothing more sinister. From memory, I think it sits in the block under the oil filter and can get moisture / drips of oil on it when changing the filter. Give it a wiggle and see if the light goes out!?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Well i have the following parts and i will be replacing these tonight (tues) with a oil service using Elf oil.

no.1 knock sensor
no.2 oil pressure sensor
no.3 oil level sensor

Picture004-1.gif

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Well The work has been carried out.

All the above has been done aswell as a small wire repaired on the oil pressure sensor which i think was causing the problem in the first place.

While the car was in the air there was a few other problems that have been spotted so i was right on the phone to Fred @ BTM to speak to him.

Problem 1 - Oil leak coming from teh gearbox selector
Problem 2 - Oil leak coming from engine up by the timing belt (fred says either rocker gasket or cam seals)

As for the orignal problem it seems to be all fine and all good but the next 2/3 days will tell the truth.

Reaction score
Had to repair both oil pressure sensor wires on my two 182's. Both had rubbed through on same place and didnt require sensors. should be fine na mate.