Reaction score
Right lads I was tinkering on with the red rocket in the garage this week and had positioned it as close to the up and over garage door as possible so I had plenty of space at the front of the garage and the car.

I then stupidly jacked the car up to change the wheels and opened the garage door with it raised and managed to catch my spoiler brake light and smash it to bits, needless to say I'm gutted as it's a one owner 38k minter.

I'm now on the look out for a new one but can't bring myself to phone Reno. If any one knows of any T's being broken a heads up would be much appreciated.

Steve

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
If its just the light its only about £38 from renault, If its the whole spoiler its around £800 as i phones and got a quote for a new rear spoiler, brake light and wire harness.

Reaction score
Cheers for that lads, luckily it's only the brake light thats smashed but when I was looking at it there is a small paint chip where someone has used a screw driver to lever the brake light out. So I was considering a full spoiler from a T. But at £38 I think I'll just grab the light instea :D

Cheers

Steve

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
The full rear spolier has to come off to get the brake light out.

Open the tail gate and you will see 4 black grommets along the top. There is torx screws in there and then all need to be undone, once they are undone the spoiler comes off and you unclip the wire harness.

There is then 2 torx screws that hold the brake light in the spoiler.

Reaction score
Speaking of garage doors damaging a trophy, i had my trophy parked outside my garage door the other day when my sister (stupid) opened it from the inside very sharply and took the paint off the front of my bumper !! Was not happy, however having my trophy keyed all across the bonnet last year didn't make it as bad :(
And mines a 2 owner 13K minter... but what makes it worse is that on saturday when it happened was the first day that the trophy had been out of the garage since october last year !!!!
Gggrrrrrrrr :(