Trophy Sales on Collecting Cars

W4KES

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
What’s your opinion Nick?

A good example ?

Valid point by Ed , and others. Lacking of mechanical evidence? Perhaps the engine isn’t included?

I’m keen to see this one end , looks like all Renault history too

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
What’s your opinion Nick?

A good example ?

Valid point by Ed , and others. Lacking of mechanical evidence? Perhaps the engine isn’t included?

I’m keen to see this one end , looks like all Renault history too

This looks a great car that's got an impeccable service history to be proud of - however I do find it strange that there is no Mechanical images at all which is a great shame -

Also a little pet hate is the dreaded missing front bumper sticker's that cost very little but make a big differance in the attention to detail.

I'll really look forward to watching this and I hope it rings the bell

🚗 🏆 ❤️

I’m not really sure Andy regarding the price and as I’ve said before I really find it strange that there is no mechanical images - I think the questions box will reveal people’s frustrations with the lack of them and this may show at the end of the auction price wise - so I’m sat on the Fence

This week I’ve seen a vehicle at the auctions and then followed the one on Pistonheads tonight which where at both ends of the spectrum - the one at Manheim had no front Sach’s now which really showed at sale time -

GPH

Reaction score
I had faith Ed in your post's - it's finally here - #489 coming soon.

Actually I got an Auto Trader alert for this going on sale 2 or 3 weeks ago and looked to see its history on the register and it was not listed. I was going to post about it and when I went to link to the ad it had been removed already!
They wanted £15k for it which I thought was a great price for a 50k in good condition so it will be interesting to see if it reaches that. I think it will unless the market has really dropped.
I guess CC have people scouring the classifieds for low mileage cars that fit their site and persuade the owners to list with them instead using the no fees for the seller incentive

Last edited:

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Actually I got an Auto Trader alert for this going on sale 2 or 3 weeks ago and looked to see its history on the register and it was not listed. I was going to post about it and when I went to link to the ad it had been removed already!
They wanted £15k for it which I thought was a great price for a 50k in good condition so it will be interesting to see if it reaches that. I think it will unless the market has really dropped.
I guess CC have people scouring the classifieds for low mileage cars that fit their site and persuade the owners to list with them instead using the no fees for the seller incentive

I’d say the 15k should be more than achievable given the owners/miles and Renault history - this is me sat on the fence Andy

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm going to stick my neck out and reckon that this latest CC offering is going to get to £15,700 plus fees, but be a no sale as not met reserve scenario...

Lack of under-bonnet / mechanically orientated pics has to be off putting for any serious bidder. The whole point of pics on these auction sites is surely to present the car in it's best light to potential purchasers, much like a virtual walk around really, and I'd certainly never buy a car without lifting the bonnet for a nosy.. Madness to leave that sort of thing out as it's sadly probably selling the car short.

Last edited:

W4KES

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Completely agree Ed, it’s just very strange. Which, then leads me to wonder why?

It takes seconds to lift the bonnet and take a photograph, even just one ?

The ramp comment seems a little faint hearted, when someone says “ il try “ then we all know that’s a no.

But doesn’t need to be on a ramp, just some engine bay photos and under side with a glimpse of the Sachs would be great.

As you say, it will affect the price.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It takes seconds to lift the bonnet and take a photograph, even just one ?

The ramp comment seems a little faint hearted, when someone says “ il try “ then we all know that’s a no.

But doesn’t need to be on a ramp, just some engine bay photos and under side with a glimpse of the Sachs would be nice

New comment on CC’s - the poor Chap has not had any time to take any pictures which is a great shame ???

Something to hide and just not bothered about the sale price ???

GPH

Reaction score
I see in the questions section that it is also a Trader now selling it not the original owner and says it is not registered to him. As it's his business then, how difficult is it to supply pictures of the Sachs and under bonnet as several have asked for! Only had weeks to prepare the listing ....

W4KES

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
On maybe a positive, the dealership Issac motors does have very good reviews….