Reaction score
After much regret I have decided to put my 2005 Renault Clio 182 Trophy #083 up for sale. The reason for this sorry state of affairs is due to me needing a car with a decent size boot for transporting the latest family acquisition our cocker spaniel!

This is my third Clio Sport and without doubt it’s the best I’ve owned. I bought the car last August from a fellow enthusiast (I’m the fourth owner) and after looking on the Trophy registry it looks like this car has always been owned by like-minded individuals. Certainly under my ownership the car has wanted for nothing.

If you have been looking to buy one of these truly amazing cars then I’m sure you have done your homework but here’s a quick rundown of the specification and what makes this car so special!

See link: http://www.carpages.co.uk/renault/renault-clio-part-2-29-05-05.asp

Here is a list of the car’s current spec:

Engine/Gearbox:
Recently serviced with new Cabin filter, Spark Plugs, Oil and filter change with Valvoline Synpower 5W40 fully synthetic, Gearbox fluid replaced with Valvoline 75W80, Coolant replaced along with a new expansion bottle and cap, brand new Bosch S5 battery and cover, K-tec Induction kit, K-tec uprated engine mounts. K-tec Ultra performance exhaust system with de-cat.

Brakes/Suspension:
Recent replacement of both front and rear discs and pads (OE Pagid parts) Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines, ATE super blue brake fluid, Sachs shock absorbers refurbished by BG Motorsport of Silverstone in 2012, Eibach sportline coil springs, The entire Powerflex range of bushes have been fitted to this car apart from the steering rack bushes which I have but haven’t got round to fitting yet. I have also replaced both the front lower ball joints, and recently had a four wheel geometry setup with print out.

Wheels/Tyres:
15” Anthracite Speedline 2118’s with Michelin Pilot Sport 3’s all with plenty of tread. Bolted to their hubs with TPI Polarised wheel bolts. I also have a fifth 2118 as a spare again with Michelin rubber.

Interior:
The inside of the car is immaculate and both the Recaro Trendline seats are in mint condition with very minimal wear (I have a pair of tailored fit seat covers that are usually fitted to help protect them) Apart from a stainless steel foot rest plate, and an uprated Alpine headunit the interior is standard. The steering wheel has been refurbished and doesn’t suffer with the normal melted thumb grips! The Air-conditioning system has been checked for leaks and re-gassed ready for summer.

Exterior:
The paintwork is in fantastic condition, and looks simply stunning when clean. I’m a keen detailer and regularly spend hours (much to the amusement of my neighbours) washing, polishing, and waxing the Trophy, using DoDo Juice products. The only external modifications are a stubby aerial, and a front stainless steel tow hook. Every single bulb (inside and out) has been replaced, and both the dipped and main beam bulbs have been upgraded with Osram night breaker unlimited. A brand new number plate lamp unit with LED bulb has also been fitted to freshen up the exterior along with new number plates.

The Trophy has done just over 98,000 miles with stacks of receipts proving previous works, and parts. She will be sold with a fresh 12month MOT but no tax (due to the new DVLA rules) I have a few spare and extra parts including: Spare Speedline 2118, Bosch lambda sensor, Valeo ignition coil, Powerflex steering rack mount bush, Original Renault headunit, Recaro fitted seat covers, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads (front and rear)

The Trophy is due its Timing belt replaced within the next 10,000 miles and I have everything needed for the replacement: Aux belt, Aux belt tensioner, Aux belt roller, Timing belt kit. I just haven’t had time to get around to fitting these. However all of this and the other spare parts will all be included in the sale.

I am in no rush to sell and not short of space as the Trophy is always garaged. It really is a sensational car and one of the best cars I have ever owned. It never fails to bring a smile to my face whilst on a quick B road blast!

Considering the spec and overall condition and rarity of the car I am asking £5000 ono which I think is fair. If I haven’t covered something, or if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Mobile: 07760274460

For photos and more info on the car here’s a link to my Project thread:
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/robs-trophy-083.761636/#post-10624533

Thanks for the interest and reading my advert.
Rob.

Reaction score
Shame to see it going, Rob, very best of luck with the sale.

I'm seriously keen to get hold of some anthracite 2118s so if for any reason a buyer doesn't want them I'll happily take them off your hands :)

Reaction score
Shame to see it going, Rob, very best of luck with the sale.

I'm seriously keen to get hold of some anthracite 2118s so if for any reason a buyer doesn't want them I'll happily take them off your hands :)
Thanks Claude, I'm not that happy about it either. I just need something like a hatchback saloon (still fun to drive though!) We shall see. Hopefully #083 will go to a good home.