Reaction score
I have booked at trackday at Donington for Friday 6th April which involves 20 minute sessions every hour from 10-5 i think and then as its the donny show and as i am up there all weekend with mates, I have 3 other 15 minute sessions over the saturday and sunday.

Question is, how will standard brakes fair up??

Is it worth leaving them standard and see how they cope??
Upgrading the front pads??
Or going for a full blown package like I have seen on the yozzasport website consisting of disks, pads, hoses and fluid.

how good are the standard brakes on track.

oh and 1 other thing, its 98db, if I was to have a yozzasport exhaust and decat by then, would I get black flagged or would I definately get on??

Thanks, Matt.

Reaction score
Hi Matt, just upgrading another car going out at weekend with the full PF package. Also have a 'demo' here with the Brembo / Hoses / DS2500 brake pads you're welcome to have a go in. But I'd say the upgrade was a definite improvement anyway regardless of trackday. My tech would do the work for you. Prob best have a chat with Fred about the exhaust.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you'll be alright with 98bd at donny. i think their limit is 105db.

Re the brakes; you'll be fine but don't do mad for the first lap - lap 1/2. let them warm up (and the rest of the car) and allow for a lap to cool them before entering the pits. They'l take about 6-7 laps of donny without any problems. Beyond that. I'm not sure, I noticed the tyres going before the brakes.

Reaction score
Sorry Cue, but I've got to disagree with you! :p

I found the Trophy brakes were not up to serious trackwork at the two trackdays I've done at Bedford and Brands. At Brands in particular I was experiencing real issues with fade from about the 4th lap of each session. However they did survive the punishment, and I've still got some pad life left, but I will defintely be upgarding for my next trackday outing.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
might be down to driving style - i know at cadwell their were a couple of trophy owners saying their brakes were fecked, mine were fine though - I'm normally quite hard on brakes also, puzzling.