Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Satan Gunnis said:
Cue said:
using that analigy though you can buy M3's for less that are better spec'd and return better mpg.

I wouldn't spend that money on a ford unless it said GT40 on it :)

You wouldn't want a GT40 that cost £25K, trust me.

Cue, a badge snob? Who owns a Renault? Surely not.

It will trounce an M3 in the performance department anyway, having about the same bhp, more torque, lower kerb weight and 4WD. Probably be a match for the new one in straight line speed and still quicker round the Nurb. It will be properly fast with no direct rival, they'll have to really **** up the handling/ride for it not to be a winner.

I know it'd take barganing power, the likes of the mafia would be shocked :lol:

I'm not a badge snob, I've just bought a company car - Seat Leon, with a desiel engine n'all :!: :shock:

Over xmas I spent 2,500 miles with a spanking new Mondeo. My mate has an ST and he complains about certain things, this mondeo had all the traits he disliked. I just think it's ingrained into Ford cars - good chassis, budget handling.

I hope i'm wrong, but I expect the RS (if they actually make it) to have a block punch (running out of revs quickly) little traction compared to other 4wd's like an Evo, and nose heavy around corners still.

The last 4wd ford I drove was a Granada about 10 years ago, I expect they've moved the game on but by how much? They haven't been making 4wd cars in volume!!

Reaction score
Cue said:
Satan Gunnis said:
Cue said:
using that analigy though you can buy M3's for less that are better spec'd and return better mpg.

It will trounce an M3 in the performance department anyway, having about the same bhp, more torque, lower kerb weight and 4WD. Probably be a match for the new one in straight line speed and still quicker round the Nurb. It will be properly fast with no direct rival, they'll have to really **** up the handling/ride for it not to be a winner.

I'm not a badge snob, I've just bought a company car - Seat Leon, with a desiel engine n'all :!: :shock:

Over xmas I spent 2,500 miles with a spanking new Mondeo. My mate has an ST and he complains about certain things, this mondeo had all the traits he disliked. I just think it's ingrained into Ford cars - good chassis, budget handling.

I hope i'm wrong, but I expect the RS (if they actually make it) to have a block punch (running out of revs quickly) little traction compared to other 4wd's like an Evo, and nose heavy around corners still.

The last 4wd ford I drove was a Granada about 10 years ago, I expect they've moved the game on but by how much? They haven't been making 4wd cars in volume!!

Not done too badly in the rallies though? :lol:

P.S. 4WD F150 biggest selling car in America for about 170 years running.

Reaction score
How about a second hand '00 996 for the same money? Now that is an interesting comparison... :)

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve Gunnis said:
Cue said:
[quote="Satan Gunnis":1skbst6b]
Cue said:

Not done too badly in the rallies though? :lol:

P.S. 4WD F150 biggest selling car in America for about 170 years running.[/quote:1skbst6b]

good point, but there's the problem - truck handling.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
How about a second hand '00 996 for the same money? Now that is an interesting comparison... :)

O.

that's an even better point. !! running costs maybe a bit higher though :(

Reaction score
Cue said:
oliie said:

O.

that's an even better point. !! running costs maybe a bit higher though :(

...but not if you take depreciation into account! :)

O.

Reaction score
Cue said:
my next car will be an early 997. probably next year, keeping the Trophy for the weekend :)

I am very, very close to a 993 or 996 now... I just need to decide if I prefer air-cooled and overpriced or water cooled and bargain. Arg!

O.

Reaction score
Very true Cue, although I love the 993 shape. Also the 996 engine failures in early cars concern me. I will try to find a good '01 model if I can.

Sorry off topic, my fault :oops:

Reaction score
Thanks Cue - I've been following their stock now for a few weeks... just waiting for the perfect car! I also have a LHD car in DE that I fancy (I've a good friend working in DE, in the car industry, so won't be a dodgy deal!).

BC - 993 Turbo is nice, but not at £40k+! That is 996 GT3 money...

The 993 really are at insane prices... I don't think they can last at these levels. Madness!

O.

Reaction score
I like the 964 RS personally, reasonable prices too and a proper old-school porsche.

Off topic some more (don't care - my thread) A guy has just come to the office in his black V8 Vantage, god, it's a fabulous looking car, if I had £80K, it would be mine and straight along to Prodrive to make it a good drivers car and 40 extra horsies so you don't get your arse whooped by every new XKR out there (they'd all try it on).

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been said but this new focus rs is front wheel drive, I don't think the evo x has anything to worry about . :D