Reaction score
everytime i get in my car and start it up everything is fine but when i move off i get this weird knocking sound, it feels like its from the clutch or summt but when driving around its fine, even after when im waiting in traffic lights then move off again it seems fine, do you think its something to do with the car being cold at the start or something? anyone had the same issue?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I initially thought maybe engine mounts but you would have expected that to happen every time you moved off, maybe worth a check.

And then I'd get down to my local dealer.

Reaction score
Could be the brakes ceasing on just a little. How often do you drive it? If daily I doubt it's the brakes.

I left mine for just over a week without driving it, having stopped it on the foot brake, and the calipers had stuck to the discs. Handbrake also ceased on a little. That made a rumble when I moved off, then nothing when discs clean of rust again.

I leave it in gear now instead.

Reaction score
I've had this all the time I've owned the car. Outside my house I park with the car tilted slightly to the left, due to the camber on my drive. Once I'm rolling, slipping the clutch to move away and turning left, I get the clonk. It doesn't do it any other time. It's not the same tyre scrub sensation you get at full lock, that's something else.

Reaction score
Are you sure that this is not the ABS self test?

There was a separate issue with the top mounts catching on some Clios, but i have not seen this mentioned for the Trophy.

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be related to the auto-lock door feature.

Reaction score
i also have the clunk, its never been a problem and comes only when i first start the car up and move off. It only does it once then thats it you never hear it again on that jorney. Its not the doors locking, as i have that feature turned off on mine.

Many be something to do with the suspension i thought >

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm definately with George on this one, i'd totally forgotten about it as it's normally gone through the process during the time i warm it up.