Reaction score
I have just read over on cliosport that an adaptor is now avaliable for the trophy stereo stalk controls. Is this true? If so where from?

Cheers,

Nige.

Reaction score
I dont belive there is I know that Lee has been in contact with a couple of companies, and i have also been contacting a dealer that i know locally regarding this issue, and as of yet they have nothing available for the Alpine Units.

I would seem as if the manufactures wont bother with the adaptor as it only affects a very small number of cars. Which if this is the case will be a big blow to all of us Trophy owners who have or going to change the H/ Units.

Reaction score
My local audio dealer has assured me the adaptor he can order does work! He kept babbling on about how they have worked on a couple of trophies (but described a 172 cup!) so i'm not sure it will! It costs £60.

What do the denison things do? And would one work with a trophy?

Reaction score
If it is the one that i looked at buying it states that it will fit all clio 98+ this is not correct as it will only fit upto 2004/very early 05.

Basically the unit allows you to control the aftermarket Hunit in the same way as you would with the std unit in place, ie volume, track select, radio tuning.

There are many differnet units out there to fit Kenwood, Sony and Alpine H/units but i would be carefull as there is definatly not one available that I know of which will fit at present.

Reaction score
Where does the wiring differ? Is it a completley different control stalk on the later '05 Clios?

I'm not really that bothered, but if it was do-able I probably would....

Reaction score
Once i've put my new head unit in, i'll definately miss the stalk controls! If there was a cheapish remedy i'd be interested!

Reaction score
it is in the way that the control unit fits to the car.

The cable is connected to the main wiring harness for the H/U it then goes to the top of the dash behind the display panel, this is split into 2 feeds one for the display and the other for the stalk control.

Now i belive that in the later clios the wiring has been changed, it still connects to the same place, but they have introduced some new wires to the loom which means that the stalk adaptor is incorrectly wired.

I have had alook at the old one from my Sony H/unit and there is no way that you can re wire the unit which is a shame.

Reaction score
I have the Dension ipod kit installed in mine and it's fantastic and easy to fit! It allows you to play your ipod through your stereo and you can control the ipod either directly or through the stereo - but either way you operate it, the steering controls still work!

You just plug the kit into the CD changer slot at the back of the current H/U and tuck away the wires!

In my opinion much better than a new H/U and you keep the steering controls, which I use all the time!

Just food for thought . . . . . .

Reaction score
MikeyC said:
I have the Dension ipod kit installed in mine and it's fantastic and easy to fit! It allows you to play your ipod through your stereo and you can control the ipod either directly or through the stereo - but either way you operate it, the steering controls still work!

You just plug the kit into the CD changer slot at the back of the current H/U and tuck away the wires!

In my opinion much better than a new H/U and you keep the steering controls, which I use all the time!

Just food for thought . . . . . .

Hi Mike

Have you got any pics of your ipod install?

Did you get your stalk fitted yet - offer still stands.

Reaction score
Hi Matt, hope things are well.

I don't have any pics to hand at work but if you look at www.caraudioplus.co.uk and follow the links to Dension you'll see what it looks like.

Managed to do the stalk! Thanks for the offer though!

Mike