Reaction score
MF said these were loose at the last service 4k ago. I had a knocking through the steering when stationary. This is becoming a PITA. That's without the seat mechanism not working properly. Anyone else had this?
My bro said there is a similar problem with elises. Either use thread locking compound on the nuts or replace the plastic washer for brass ones. Anyone know if either of these are a good idea/relevant? I assume its caused by rough bumpy roads.

Reaction score
if ya seat mechanism is not working do u mean when u pull the lever the seat folds but dnt slide on the runners when u push it???? if dis is the case and you got the trophy recaro trendlines then i had the same prob... when people sit in the back they sometimes knock the seat mechanism cable out of place. all you have to do is put the cable back into the correct place, its exactly the same as brake cables on a bike. bit tricky to get back in but its doable with just a pair of pliers. the cable is located at the back of the seat at the bottom where it folds. :D :D :D

Reaction score
Yes, MF took the seat apart at the last service, put it back together, and said that no new parts were needed, just wear and tear. It all worked fine again. but it was back the same after about 1000 miles. So I thought crap, ill leave it.

Reaction score
aha no need to take seat apart lad. sooo easy, its at the bottom of the chair on the door side of the seat. really easy to get to as well hence why its so easy to knock out of place. have a look and you will see what i mean. its a 2 min jobby.

Reaction score
Robh18 said:
if ya seat mechanism is not working do u mean when u pull the lever the seat folds but dnt slide on the runners when u push it???? if dis is the case and you got the trophy recaro trendlines then i had the same prob... when people sit in the back they sometimes knock the seat mechanism cable out of place. all you have to do is put the cable back into the correct place, its exactly the same as brake cables on a bike. bit tricky to get back in but its doable with just a pair of pliers. the cable is located at the back of the seat at the bottom where it folds. :D :D :D

Do I need to resurrect my campaign for legible English?!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nickboazracing said:
Robh18 said:

I thought that was legible but unintelligible?

Reaction score
hoolio said:
nickboazracing said:
Robh18 said:

I thought that was legible but unintelligible?
Fair point!
I'm pleased to see my campaign has backing. :D

Reaction score
"If your seat mechanism is not working, do you mean that when you pull the lever the seat folds but doesn't slide on the runners when you push it? If this is the case and you have the Trophy Recaro Trendlines, then I had the same problem: When people sit in the back they sometimes knock the seat mechanism cable out of place. All you have to do is put the cable back into the correct place, it's exactly the same as brake cables on a bike. It can be a bit tricky to get back in but its doable with just a pair of pliers. The cable is located at the back of the seat at the bottom where it folds. "

I think that's better?

Reaction score
PeterGinger said:
mine were much lower and look how I turned out! :shock:

Me too! - just trying to be relevant and topical, a weak attempt by me at "sense of humour" :)

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Nick, is it "doable" or "do-able"? I prefer the latter, but I'm unsure which is correct. ;-)
Well I wasn't sure. So I used this new fangled book called "the dictionary". It's a book with every single word of the English language in with a definition. And 'doable' is a word.