Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was wondering how many of you would recommend Sportlines over the stock trophy Eibach springs.
I' d love to get some low but I'd never compromise handling for look.

cheers
Al

Reaction score
(As per pm on CS)

From my understanding both sets of springs are roughly the same rating at about 160lbs, but the standard Eibachs are only straight wound, compared to the Sportlines which are progressively wound.

As such, the latter give a much better low speed ride quality (being progressive they are relatively soft for the first inch or so of travel), but are firmer for the last few inches of travel to give more solid handling and absorb large bumps at higher speeds - I much prefer mine over standard!!

Softer ride, but better handling. Win Win.

Reaction score
I've got the standard trophy front eibachs (yellow), sportlines (Red) and Prolines (Black) and just so happened to be looking at them yesterday I can't actually find any visual difference between them other than their colour, that is the front springs of course.

Reaction score
I've got the standard trophy front eibachs (yellow), sportlines (Red) and Prolines (Black) and just so happened to be looking at them yesterday I can't actually find any visual difference between them other than their colour, that is the front springs of course.

I thought this when comparing my standard Trophy springs to sportlines, they both look like they're wound the same, only real difference i could see is that the sportline was about 5mm shorter than the standard eibach, i fitted them to mine, very little difference in ride height, ended up going back to standard springs as was having issues with the sportlines remaining seated properly.

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was wondering how many of you would recommend Sportlines over the stock trophy Eibach springs.
I' d love to get some low but I'd never compromise handling for look.

cheers
Al

I went from standards, to Sportlines, to Prolines on my Cup, the Prolines won! They felt a lot better than the standards or Sportlines in both town driving and high speed heroics, I felt they gave a little more roll than the Sportlines, but were more progressive (hence a better daily drive spring) they worked better than the Sportlines with the standard (and new) Cup dampers. They worked better again when I fitted my Konis! I THOUGHT the Prolines would be harder than the others, turns out I was either wrong, or I had a duff set! Either way, they were good and they'll be a set heading towards my 197 very shortly, shame I can't find Konis for the 197!

Reaction score
Isn't the only difference between the Sportline and Prolines the rear spring rate? Being softer it will make the car a bit less relucatant to turn in and induce on the limit understeer. Although will feel a bit "safer" when pushing it. Although may differ if you have a cup as opposed to a trophy.