Reaction score
Can anyone help.
With the car running normally but stationary should it be fairly easy to push the brake peddle to the floor.
On a damp road (in safe circumstances) doing 50 - 60 mph I can hit the floor without triggering the ABS. The car stops pretty well but I feel this is not as good as it should be. (Been through plenty of MOT's).
I have brembo discs and ferodo pads.

This is something that I have had for a very long time, through new discs and pads, brake fluid change, different tyres and I think l i even had the master cylinder changed a few years ago.

I would love it if some people could confirm that they have the same thing, I don't want to spend more money if this is as good as standard brake setup gets.

Cheers

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would firstly advise a Brake Fluid change to make sure there is no are in there and its making the pedal soft plus i also think that brake fluid should be changed every 5 years. I have done mine every time i change my brakes.

Just watch that its not your master cylinder leaking or the seals as i managed to pop my seals inside out on the master cylinder.

Reaction score
I bet the master cylinder is a right ball ache to replace? its buried in the corner of the engine bay.

Reaction score
I've experienced exactly the same and posted about it here
http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/47232-Brake-Pedal-Travel

I think if the car doesn't stop effectively it may be worth trying to bed them in again as the pads may be glazed as they tend to over time. After I bedded the brakes in, the brakes were far more effective even though the pedal still felt soft. I did change the fluids and the hoses to SS braided but made little difference to the firmness of the brake pedal to be honest.

Reaction score
As I said this has been around for a long time, through discs, pads, fluid and a master cylinder change. I guess my main question is, should I be able to get the ABS to kick in, in a straight line. Sounds like I should.
So may be another problem.