Reaction score
I've just been perusing the cliosport forum and someone on there reckons that there is a Trophy for sale in the Southern Autotrader for £9,500 ono. Apparently it looks in good nick and has done less than 15k.

How depressing is that. I just hope its a Cat D or something! :cry:

Reaction score
I reckon they'll hit as low as £8500, then the 197 cup will come out, not be what everyone's looking for, then the prices will rise again, until one day, the only viable option will be to sell one of the wing mirrors to pay for it's storage in low orbit so it's safe from highline car-jackers, such will be it's worth. Then this will inadvertantly scare away an attack from aggresive aliens as they see the band of floating red vehicles as a symbol of mankinds technical prowess and fuck off back to Alpha Centauri.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
stevegunnis said:
I reckon they'll hit as low as £8500, then the 197 cup will come out, not be what everyone's looking for, then the prices will rise again, until one day, the only viable option will be to sell one of the wing mirrors to pay for it's storage in low orbit so it's safe from highline car-jackers, such will be it's worth. Then this will inadvertantly scare away an attack from aggresive aliens as they see the band of floating red vehicles as a symbol of mankinds technical prowess and **** off back to Alpha Centauri.

love randomness :)

Reaction score
A national search on the website shows no Trophys for less than £10,995...

So unless it's only in the magazine which seems unlikely and a bit stupid these days.

Would be very annoying if it is true though, and pretty stupid if the seller is prepared to lose that much money purely for a quick sale.

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
I reckon they'll hit as low as £8500, then the 197 cup will come out, not be what everyone's looking for, then the prices will rise again, until one day, the only viable option will be to sell one of the wing mirrors to pay for it's storage in low orbit so it's safe from highline car-jackers, such will be it's worth. Then this will inadvertantly scare away an attack from aggresive aliens as they see the band of floating red vehicles as a symbol of mankinds technical prowess and **** off back to Alpha Centauri.

I'd have thought they would be scared off because, although their hyper-drive equipt space craft have an advantage in a straight line, they know that they'll never beat a Trophy in the twisties!

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
I'd have thought they would be scared off because, although their hyper-drive equipt space craft have an advantage in a straight line, they know that they'll never beat a Trophy in the twisties!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not too many twisties in space though! But with my re-map I'll give their hyper-drive a run for it's money in the quarter light year.