Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Bit of a random question but... Anyone know if you can get roof bars for them?

I'm thinking of maybe getting a car with a bit more room however i don't really want to get rid it it as i'll only miss it when its gone. If i could get roof bars that may make me keep the little beast!

Reaction score
You can get a roof rack but it's pretty rubbish. The rear bar is near the back of the door so only in the middle of the car. I bought a Mont Blanc one when I was in Germany to carry 2 bikes but it moved around and dented my roof. :(

What do you want to put on it?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm...

I wanted to put bikes on there but not if it dents the roof

Reaction score
I'm sure if you're careful and the bikes are light then it would be ok. The problem is all the weight sits on the rear bar. Unfortunately one of my bikes was for downhill so it's really heavy.
I would see if you can get a rack to fit on the rear of the car.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
one of them is a heavy KONA and the other is a basic Halfords sytle bike which is heavy as hell! I'll look into it and see if i can find one that mounts further back.

Thanks for your help!! :D

Reaction score
I've got some Thule Roof Bars....bought Thule fitting kit just after I bought the car...never used them :roll: ...will sell if you are interested?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Simon Penketh said:
I've got some Thule Roof Bars....bought Thule fitting kit just after I bought the car...never used them :roll: ...will sell if you are interested?

Have you fitted it? If so was it to far towards the front of the car?

Reaction score
The bars fit under the tops of the doors (lining up with the indicators stamped into the frame) and over the rear side windows, again using the arrow marks on the glass. Basically the Thule system uses rubbered grips which then tigten up with tensioners within the roof bars themselves; they don't sit in the roof rails and completely span the roof. They are quite difficult to fit and require two people to ensure that the bars are equally tensioned. I fitted once just to try them out, and connected a velorvise cycle carrier and bike with a roof carrier box (although I haven't used them on the road)......the position of both bars result in an even distribution across the roof. The front bar is central over the doors and the rear central over the rear/side windows. I haven't used them since as 'the boy' no longer comes out with us so I just take the back seats out to carry bikes inside the car (two just fit bu no room for bags), but I have seen a 182 with the same equipment carrying three bikes!

Reaction score
I saw a 182 ff with a pretty snazzy roof rack at Glen Tress on Sat however, we were leaving in a rush and didn't get a chance to bug the lad who had it.

I was considering same for mine but with my drvining bike is better off inside!!! :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
Simon Penketh said:
The bars fit under the tops of the doors (lining up with the indicators stamped into the frame) and over the rear side windows, again using the arrow marks on the glass. Basically the Thule system uses rubbered grips which then tigten up with tensioners within the roof bars themselves; they don't sit in the roof rails and completely span the roof. They are quite difficult to fit and require two people to ensure that the bars are equally tensioned. I fitted once just to try them out, and connected a velorvise cycle carrier and bike with a roof carrier box (although I haven't used them on the road)......the position of both bars result in an even distribution across the roof. The front bar is central over the doors and the rear central over the rear/side windows. I haven't used them since as 'the boy' no longer comes out with us so I just take the back seats out to carry bikes inside the car (two just fit bu no room for bags), but I have seen a 182 with the same equipment carrying three bikes!

That sounds much better than mine. Might be worth a look. See if you can find out the recommended weight limit.

Reaction score
I would suggest perhaps investing in bike bags and puting the bikes inside.. Chain Reaction Cycles do a good bag and I'm sure it would fit - my girlfriend and I invested in some recently and they fit easily inside her Ka so Trophy shouldn't be a problem...