Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone had their Trophy resprayed Capsicum Red ie factory finish??? Does anyone know what would the costs would be for a good job???

I guess the mind is wondering a bit tonight ;)

Regards,

jsgthomson

Reaction score
Cost will vary massively IME. Personally I'd budget anywhere £1,500 - £2,000 for a decent job.

Are you a member over on ClioSport.net? There's a member called 'gally' on there, he works for a bodyshop and he occasionally posts up some of their work, it always looks very high quality. Might be worth sending him a PM as they are based in Scotland too.

When it comes to bodywork, you definitely get what you pay for.......

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you and I will do!! I also agree that it will vary massively on where I go... :$ just want a good job that'll last!!

It's all very early thoughts and fact finding at the moment!

jsthomson

Reaction score
If you bought your car for £5k then spend £2k on a respray it won't make it a £7k Trophy so by that rationale, no, it isn't worth it.

If you're hyper-OCD and can't look at the stone chips on your car without crying then it might be a different story.

Reaction score
I think I'm the latter... I'm first going to get mechanically up to scratch and then think about it... :$

Reaction score
Only worth it if you are keeping the T for a long time IMO. If you do do it though, make sure you take photos of the car in the garage just before it is done as people will be suspicious of the re-spray if you don't.

Reaction score
Spray it Pink then it can't go pink in the sun ... Savvy

Reaction score
Rather then starting a new thread , best to add on here.
Considering respraying the trophy and bringing the paintwork to new condition.
It needs a respray of the bonnet, front bar, wing mirrors and bits and pieces anyway. Can any professional body shop mix the capsicum red OE paint against a PPG code? Or am I just confusing the matter and yes they can. As I might /intend to ship car back to Oz and do a full respray there. I'm just OCD btw. :)