Reaction score
Evening All,

My drivers seat has started to develop a rattle. I've read various posts about this being a fault in the seat runners but does anyone know what the definitive answer is or how to cure it as I can't find it!?

Whenever I brake or go over a largish bump there is a clicking noise like something is rolling around/back and forth. I had a look tonight I found 2 bits of a small white plastic sphere that were lodged in the runner. When I grab the seat and try to move it from side to side all I can hear is this rattling but I can seem to pinpoint exactly where it is coming from.

Advice and ideas greatly appreciated as it is really starting to get annoying!

Patrick

Reaction score
I've got a rattling sound in the passenger seat. Since seeing a few posts on this now I've started getting a little worried about passenger safety!

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the replies! I'd say it is coming from the base and not the actual seat itself. Is this a known problem that can be sorted?

THanks,

Patrick

Reaction score
The rattling is actually the handle that operates the sliding notion backwards and forwards. If you feel it its lose unlike the drivers side i thought i had a fix but it only came loose again.
I know exactly why its doing it just need to take to seat out and solve the rattle!

Reaction score
PeterGinger said:
Try sliding the seat forward #-o :lol:
It rattles whatever position the seat is in!

power ranger said:
The rattling is actually the handle that operates the sliding notion backwards and forwards. If you feel it its lose unlike the drivers side i thought i had a fix but it only came loose again.
I know exactly why its doing it just need to take to seat out and solve the rattle!
So is it in the slider or something in the slider that rattles? To me it sounds like there is something loose as you can here it when you brake and accelerate. Like a ball bearing running back and forth, and when you go over a bump it sounds like it is being shaken about and rattling.

Thanks,

Patrick

Reaction score
My passenger seat used to make a terrible rattle when it was unloaded. However both my seats stopped tilting and sliding (common fault) at around the same time. I noticed on the forum a guide to fixing the seats as it was a total pain! I fixed both seats in about 5 minutes and ever since the passenger seat has stopped rattling. It seams to me that maybe the cable that comes off the wheel may hold the seat in a stiffer position which might stop the loose sound. Ever since the seats have been totally fine but noticeable stiffer when you tilt them!?.

Also these seats in the Trophy must have been such a late thought in the whole design process as the centre column should have been adapted to allow the seats to run further forward without rubbing.