Reaction score
i want to know whats the quickest way of getting rid of some unnesesary weight on my trophy. i am thinking of removing the rear seat bench as i dont really carry passengers much, i was looking at getting a carbon bonnet for the car but dont know how much this will cost and save me weight, and only put in a tenner of petrol in at a time. is there any other things that can be removed or buy lighter parts for the car??

Reaction score
Exhaust is pretty heavy so I would take that first. Next would be stereo, rear seats and carpets.

How about replacing glass windows with plastic?

Go for an r26r diet!!

Reaction score
if i had the money i would, i have new exhaust system which was a little lighter,have removed all carpets, would like to gets its weight down to about that of a 172 cup but dont think that could happen. want to get this all done ready for next year where i would like to buy a throttle kit and quaife differential, hoping to break the 200 bhp per ton!!!

Reaction score
A lot of the parts on the Trophy equate to unsprung weight so I reckon 200 per tonne isn't that far away.

What about the wheels? You may be able to get lighter versions. Same with the brake pads and discs, lighter clutch, lighter manifold?

Main item would be to remove the air con unit but that would be a big job.

Reaction score
That's what I'm doing with my Trophy.......

I have a kevlar/carbon bonnet which saves about 6kg plus a kevlar/carbon hatch with perspex screen which saves the same again if not more.

I've fitted team dynamics pro race wheels which are lighter than turini's and have semi stripped out the rear of the car and am slowly working through the car to see what I can do.

Any suggestions are welcome or if anyones got some decent 15" track wheels for sale let me know?

Matt.

Reaction score
I'd change the front seats for some carbon fibre ones these are as light as 6kg the recaros are around 24kg plus frames.

The cups have thinner glass so save a bit there if you wanted to swop them over.

Reaction score
Matt Wills said:
I have a kevlar/carbon bonnet which saves about 6kg plus a kevlar/carbon hatch with perspex screen which saves the same again if not more.

Where did you get these from Matt and how much?

Thanks

Reaction score
Matt Wills said:
That's what I'm doing with my Trophy.......

I've fitted team dynamics pro race wheels which are lighter than turini's and have semi stripped out the rear of the car and am slowly working through the car to see what I can do.

Any suggestions are welcome or if anyones got some decent 15" track wheels for sale let me know?

Matt.

I have some for sale, (not actually for sale yet as I haven't got round to it, but they needto go at some point :lol: ) look great on the Trophy too. Wrapped in R888's and have some tread left.

newpics25307001.jpg

Touris_04-05-08_440.jpg

Is this going to be a track only car? How far do you want to go with it? Take doorcards out, radio, air-con, foglights, you could buy a yozzasport exhaust (8kgs lighter than standard and more with the de-cat replacing cat). Everything in the rear can come out, seatbelts, carpet, speakers, trim, boot trim etc etc

Its just limited by how much you want to use the car and what you can put up with.

Reaction score
Like Shiftspark said, changing the front seats seems to be a good start. If you've taken out the rears then folding Recaro's are a bit unnecessary. You could probably get a good price for them too, if you wanted to sell them.